Agnostic.com

15 22

Ditch Mitch. Save Democracy.

Amy McGrath announces challenge to Mitch McConnell. I wish she wins!

I feel like Peter Pan: "I do believe in Amy...I DO believe in Amy..."

[msnbc.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Electing Amy McGrath to the Senate will be at least as important to the Democrats as getting their nominee to the Oval Office. Here's hoping the DNC has their $hit together

Hope your wishes come true

Who is Amy McGrath?

@WayneDalton

Look her up. She was the first Air Force fighter jet pilot.

McGrath served for 20 years in the Marine Corps during which time she flew 89 combat missions bombing al Qaeda and the Taliban.

[en.wikipedia.org]

@LiterateHiker I will do that

She's the one who is going to kick Bitch McConnell's d!ck through his teeth in the election next year.

Good for her! Turtleface has made a career out of being a pothole in the road of democracy.

100% Ditch Mitch, he's a pile of crap. Obstructionist, sellout, turtle lookin' m**f***.

I like Ms McGrath very much, unfortunately the fate of Democracy is up to just three million voters in Kentucky. A little hyperbole perhaps, but not much.

I guess what makes me crazy is that even if he gets trounced, the only thing damaged will be his ego as he has already did damage that will last the rest of our life times. Then he will go on to a lobby position to try to influence even more, or else he will join up with his wife in her China deals. He has harmed this country in so many ways. The nasty side of me so wants to see him suffer painfully in perpetuity

We'll do our best. I voted for McGrath when she narrowly lost to Rep. Andy Barr ( R ) last year, and I'll be happy to vote for her again.

George Takei (Mr. Sulu from the original Star Trek, and is I believe the first gay celebrity to wed a same sex partner)) moved to Kentucky specifically to also run against Mitch.

While Takei said in late May that he was tempted to do that, his husband has meanwhile publicly stated that they have no plans to actually move to Kentucky. This is just as well. McGrath is a much better fit for our state. Politically I'm closer to Takei, but he'd never win in Kentucky.
[pjmedia.com]

@vertrauen Good, I'd rather he continue acting. I liked him in the TV show "Heroes", where he played Hiro's father.

Here's rooting for Amy! 🙂

Doesn't matter. They're all the same.

@Storn1752

Wrong.

Not even close to the truth. This is the attitude that results in the election of the Trumps and McConnells.

So, are you the same as everyone else whose ever had a negative thought???

@Sticks48 I didn't mean that like, "all POLITICIANS are the same," but even if you're Olympia Snowe, or Susan Collins, you usually tow the line and vote red. I mean, c'mon, the real problem is, they are Republicans. The real solution, elect more Democrats.

@Storm1752 McGrath is a Democrat. She is running in a state where Trump is popular but McConnell isn't. She doesn't like Trump, but her success depends on understanding why Kentuckians voted for him and making a pitch that will appeal to such people as well as to more typical Democrats. To make things more muddled, many Kentucky Democrats vote Republican for the White House.

@vertrauen Ooooh, my bad, thinking of someone completely different.
I'm on the bandwagon.

Ditch Mitch. Mitch must go if any progressive legislation is to be signed by a Democratic president.
Send money to his Democratic opponent.

He should be taken to the pound and run for ugliest bulldog contest (he would win, hands down).

Can't we just drown him and leave the innocent dogs out of it?

@KKGator For those that think they are lonely just imagine waking up next to this guy!!!

For some reason, he looks kind of Mormon in appearance to me.

A huge load would be taken off the backs of the American people and our democracy if we can rid ourselves of both McConnell and Trump.

Mitch needs to go and the Senate needs to be overhauled.

1of5 Level 8 July 9, 2019

@1of5

Exactly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371592
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.