Agnostic.com

38 9

Where do you get most of your reading in?

Most of my reading these days is done online. I'm constantly reading books on my online library. But, I read a lot of journals and online articles too.

Sometimes when I'm feeling it, I'll buy a book or get some physical ones from the library, but I can get a little carried away in there. ^_^

silvereyes 8 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Audio books mostly these days. I'm reading on my phone more than I like. I love the feel of a book in my hands. I have too much history with actual books to not be biased towards a physical book. Years of learning and escapism in the pre-technology days will always have me biased.

Library van comes to the door but they have a poor selection of anything I would want usyually stuff I have already read; mainly I go to the local thrift shop, as my other contribution to charity, and give them back when I have read them for resale

Purchased books; lately I've spent more time on my Public Library website (bread baking).

I have a kindle, a kindle app on my phone, and on a tablet, but I still like the tactile experience of reading an actual book.

JimG Level 8 Mar 15, 2018

Most of my reading is done in my amazing bed. Lately it’s been science journals.

Marz Level 7 Mar 15, 2018

Spending many hours on the road of late, so audiobooks are my escape. I check them out from our library. The ones I most enjoy, I end up buying in hardcopy, and re-reading when on vacation, very often making notes in the margins and highlighting what I most want to remember. I don't read much fiction ... mostly philosophy, business, science and history.

I collect seriel killer and crime books and always read them on the toilet.

well, they don't me so much but all humans scare me more than any animal. nothing surprises me what humans do at all. animals surprise me in a great way all the time

In bed, physical books, I have a Kobo that was given to me, all loaded with dozens of books, I have yet to turn it on.

I read Kindle books on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and laptop.

I read while on public transportation, while waiting for anything, at home.

Um... on a seat I have to stop reading on, for health purposes. 🙂

I am sort of between domiciles and as such don't have a place I am comfortable sitting in to read. I don't read in bed, though I do play a bit of KenKen before sleep on an iPad. (Basically, I DO believe in Fung Schwei and reserve the bed for... sleep or, ahem, fun).

When I was in my house, I read: in the tub, in our rocking chair (slider really), on the big poofy leather couch. Three very comfortable locations.

I also read in Texas Road House. I don't know why, I really do NOT like country music but the atmosphere is right for me to (usually) ignore what is going on around me and read. It's just the right level of distraction for me to be able to concentrate (weird, but true). I can, try, to read at other restaurants, that is just my most successful one.

I DO read at B&N, normally in their cafe, but not as efficiently.

I have read at work... but not during work hours (just borrowing a comfortable seat to do HW or read after hours, I teach so I can usually borrow a room and desks after hours).

Oh! I -can- read on an iPad, or a reader, but I prefer physical books... the feel, the heft, the smell... reading is not just about escape but it's a tactile thing for me. I DO read some books through audiobooks while on long drives. My wife and I used to read to each other while driving or at restaurants.

I get most of mine in in bed. I take magazines out and read them at restaurants if I go alone but books and graphic novels get read with me on the bed and some music on spotify in the background.

I get most of my reading via electronic means. I have several real books that I keep telling myself that I will get to, but they have collected a bit of dust. This saddens me and must be rectified.

I tend to go in varying treads. Lately on-line, last month books in bed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.