Agnostic.com

15 2

LINK Do you believe Russian interference aided Donald Trump in winning the 2016 presidential election? | | kearneyhub.com

The Kearney (NE) Hub has a poll you might be interested in helping out with. Let's break it!

HippieChick58 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Russia, the USA, China, multinational corporations, billionaires. They're superpowers, empires, and that's what they do all the time. They swindle in the shadows, twist an arm here, grease some paws there, pulling some strings. They raise armies of full-time hackers and trolls. Spreading chaos, ignorance and hate worldwide. The good old divide and conquer gimmick in the digital age.

Without a doubt someone did!

Yes without question

Watch the new Netflix documentary "The Great Hack" and then try to answer that question. This film is an eye opener and you can learn much from it. I also see it as trying to defend Brittany Kaiser a bit much, but they may be correct here.

Yes... Of course the Russians interfered and they continue to do so. There is no other way Adolf Twitler could have gotten elected.

No.

BD66 Level 8 Aug 1, 2019

They played a part

Voted yes..😂😂

I do believe it had an effect, how much, who knows.

Belief or a poll has little to do with the truthfulness of something but observation of certain individual's actions makes it appear that a lot evidence has been hidden and perhaps the truth may be reveled in the not too distant future.

gearl Level 8 Aug 1, 2019

Yes I do. I hope he not allowed to run for a 2nd term.

I know it’s not my place to say but I caught a bit of the Democratic debate and, from my observation all the contenders seem a bit beige. No one stands out to have the statesmanship to grab the imagination of the public. None of them will win the election, but Trump might lose it.

Americans have been afraid of intellectuals ("elites" aka smart people) since the early years of the country. Tocqueville commented on that several times in "Democracy in America." To any thinking person, Elizabeth Warren would be a standout candidate at any time in the country's modern history, but she doesn't seem like someone a bonehead would want to drink beer with, so her chances are slim. Trump will have to do the usual Republican thing, crash the economy as near totally as possible, before the Marching Morons will either stay home and pout (if they still have homes) or vote semi-intelligently. Then, after they've been rescued, they'll go back to their misogynist, racist, anti-intellectual core "values" and elect another nitwit to start the cycle over again.

I don't really care if it did or not. When you live in a glass house you should not throw stones.

Russia hacked voting systems in 39 states during the 2016 presidential election.

"Russia’s efforts to hack the 2016 presidential election were much more widespread than originally thought. The Russian campaign hit 39 states — twice as many as originally reported — and in one case hackers tried to delete and alter voter data."

"On Friday, the Department of Homeland Security notified nearly half of the U.S. states that their election systems were targeted by Russia-affiliated hackers in an attempt to influence the 2016 election. In most of the states targeted, the hackers were engaged in preliminary activities like scanning. In other states hackers attempted to infiltrate systems and failed, but in a small selection of states, with only Illinois confirmed so far, the election systems were compromised successfully. According to Homeland Security, none of these attempts were aimed at the systems that actually tabulate the votes themselves.

"At least 21 states were the focus on these hacking attempts, including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin and Washington, as confirmed by the Associated Press and the states themselves. States like Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin are among the swing states considered critical to an electoral college victory last year. So far, other battleground states including Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire and North Carolina are not among those confirmed in the hacking attempt."

[techcrunch.com]

[vox.com]

LOLROFL

It's pretty obvious that Republicans are happy with this situation, too. As long as the Russians are working to keep them in office, they don't care what happens to the country. Winning is everything.

Facts aren't determined by polls. And so far the "evidence" for Russian interference doesn't pass the laugh test. Brilliant propaganda on the DNC's part though.

I do think Russian interference aided Trump, just voted in poll.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.