Agnostic.com

45 18

What do you feed your brain?

Nom nom nom

What does your brain eat?

Mine likes documentaties on science, health, and the brain.

Books on philosophy and psychology.

Oh and it likes play time with puzzles and games.

You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Basically 'interesting stuff' I don't know - even if it's not really a subject I would say is 'my thing'.

I was wandering around a museum a while back (can't remember which one) and happened into their display of 17th and 18th century ladies clothing. Now 'fashion' is REALLY not my thing - but a DAMN GOOD display, each item accompanied by a detailed, well-written and informative information panel, did genuinely arouse interest, and I was glad I'd discovered that section of the museum.

I feed my brain by listening to music, documentaries, biographies, science periodicals, science fiction movies, sociology, philosophy, and cosmology. For fun my brain likes inventing, playing music, recording music, producing music, and working out. For relaxing my brain likes boating and fishing.

Science

Fish oil🙂

Podcasts and books

Games, board and video. Music, movies, TV, stream stream stream. It would be easier to list what I don't like among those. Attempting to be one with the universe 😉 Conversation with good friends.

I feed my brain by playing duplicate bridge and listening to jazz.[not simultaneously]

Whiskey. Comic books. Cheetos.

🙂

meditation & binaural tunes, fiction & non-fiction on philosophy, sociology & psychology, lecithin & walnuts, nature docus & puzzles.

Fantasy, total fiction, sci fi, magic worlds.
I need to think outside the norm.

Theres no room left in my storage space for more data. In fact, I apparently have corrupted memory. So even what I try to get, sometimes is gone before I have processed.

My brain loves books; I can easily read for hours. It loves puzzles, games, logic, building new worlds games. She loves mystery and romance, but also Ancient Egypt, Victorian era, travel, learning French and the guitar. She loves discussions, and hearing the thoughts and opinions of others. She demands freedom, honesty, kindness, and nature. She often wonders if she was born in the right era. How about you?

Travel, speaking other languages, painting pictures, making things, mainly with wood.

I enjoy taking college courses. Right now I am in an excelerated nursing program

Yes, all of those. Playing a lot of chess lately.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 18, 2018

My mind feeds my brain which is fed via a raw foods diet

Understanding whats behind reality

Mine's on a diet.

A bit of sport, some time on here and a complete shutdown from the intensity of work.

A few weeks of banality will suit me fine.

Leave out the puzzles and games, human brain concerns, and add TV shows about forensics and you might have me. I'm much like I always was in younger life.

With the exception of "puzzles and games" I feed my brain the same goodies you feast upon.

I also include active interaction with people, a few books, a variety of movies, music (classics) and an endless chain of mental and physical projects. (designing, building (software and hardware) and fixing things).

You've got the female half of my brain only the male side likes mechanical engineering, electronics, the teachings of Tai Chi and learning to cook Japanese food too

AdieG Level 4 Mar 17, 2018

That wouldn't be a sexist comment would it?

Never been much into games, though I might indulge more of that post-retirement.

Documentaries, non-fiction books, yes to that!

I am also very fortunate to love my work enough to consider it recreational (I'm a software developer). If I ever stop working I will probably indulge vanity projects on the side. I might even end up releasing some of them as open source.

My wife and I enjoy travel and we hope to keep active with that. I also walk a great deal. My goal this spring, soon as the weather eases up, is to tackle a 14 mile round trip walk on a local trail -- or as much of it as I can anyway. We have some hiking planned on an upcoming vacation and I want to be in shape for it.

Documantaries are great. I just got out a Planet Earth DVD for later.
I love Sci-fi, there is a great short film channel on YouTube called Dust that has some cool stuff.
I like to read whatever catches my eye at the library if I ever get a chance to go there. lol

@silvereyes I think there is a Planet Earth 2 out too. 👍

MSNBC, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, History Channel
Agnostic. Com
Puzzles-crossword, and trivia

Mine feeds on history, science, and driving in russia videos. Lots of history, science books and going to lecture put on by FIT in Melbourne, FL., about three miles from me. Oh yes, lots of Merlot!

BillF Level 7 Mar 17, 2018

News, documentaries, history, fiction, math

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.