Agnostic.com

33 21

Only atheists.

I’m not open to a relationship with any believers. I have no tolerance for even spiritual, horoscope, woo kinda beliefs. It feels like it’s impossible to meet an actual non believer who I get along with, near my age. Anyone else feeling the statistics?

KristaPedia 3 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nope. my guy believes, in a vague way, in a god who (he tells me when i urge him to describe his god -- we don't talk about this a lot) "created evolution." it doesn't really affect his behavior on a daily basis. it's not as if this belief causes him to vote for republicans, or kick dogs, or hate any special group of people (apart from, say, nazis and other white supremacists). it's not an important part of his life. as for meeting nonbelievers in general (not for dating, since i have my guy) i meet them randomly, sometimes unexpectedly. i'd probably meet more but i don't get out much and although i am not shy about discussing any particular topics, religion comes up when it does, and doesn't when it doesn't. so i don't always know who believes what. people who make their deep religious beliefs known right off the bat tend to BE bats, so i don't develop relationships with such people.

g

A drummer?? Girl you are a catch !!!!!!!!! 😊 πŸ˜πŸ˜‹

I’m sure there’s people of reason around here. No one on this site though. Looking for skeptics is a bit harder than looking for atheists it seems. Your not alone, I’m feeling the isolation too.

I won’t disqualify a potential mate over their religion.

Best answer. Too bad you aren't a woman. Lol. I had to check.

@nastynifty I just checked too. Double true.

Is there not any secular humanist, atheist, agnostic groups in your area? They are becoming more numerous these days. But I hear ya! There's not another atheist within miles where I live, except my dog! lol

You deserve to have whatever criteria is important to you. I recently discovered a new one for me - the ability to walk. Some may say that's discriminatory, but I don't care - I want a woman who can hike with me!

Do food, culture, hygiene, money, shopping, sleeping habits have to match? If no, why beliefs if he is imposing it on you?

Who gives a damn!

well, obviously lots of people do. if you do not, so be it, but then why go out of your way to make the poster feel as if she has posted something stupid when in fact she has not?

g

@genessa It's been my observaton I fully understand her position & find myself in the same situation . Maybe I should have qualified my statement by 'most don't give a damn'.

@Atheist3 that would've been okay lol. "who..." sounded, well, a bit pugnacious. now i know where you're coming from πŸ™‚)

g

@genessa Let me rephrase my statement further; where I live, a rural area, most people are not interested. It's a 'live & let live' attitude & when I tell someone that I'm an atheist the response is, "Okay." I've never had a person say, "I'm an atheist too!" Just the way it is.

@Atheist3 hmm, interesting. i almost never have someone say "me too" but my high school best friend did when i told her, at the age of 15 (16 for her). i don't usually get a negative reaction, though, if it comes up.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:386451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.