Agnostic.com

43 6

What's an example of UnIntelligent Design?

Intelligent Design was the creationist defense to evolution. Non-theist refute that the design is actually not intelligent at all.

Here are some examples off the top of my head:

Nipples on men (serve 0 purpose)
Pandas (from their eating to their reproduction)
Cellulite
Acne
Siamese twins
The vulnerable location of testicles

Any others?

silvereyes 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pandas

Actually, the location of the testicles is quite ingenious. Sperm are heat sensitive. The scrotum is flexible skin lined with sheet like muscles that expand or contract to maintain the perfect temperature for sperm cell development and preservation. They are also more easily protected at that location. They are a perfect example of evolution since pre-descendant animal life have their testicles similarly located. Tits on a man or more appropriately, nipples are very sensitive to touch and manipulation of them causes arousal with subsequent erectile function. You see the fact that everything has a function (yes, even the appendix and the adenoids) supports the value and necessary existence of evolution. Mistakes occur for environmental and genetic reasons. Evolution allows for the continued survival of those mistakes which have a positive effect on our existence. Well,, what about cancer? Intelligent design would never have come up with that while evolution was quite capable of suchba result along with all of the other mutations we know about. Complex processes seldom have opposite mirror image designs. That is the real fallacy in trying to explain away evolution by suggesting another path for life development. Creationism is an outright lie based on religious dogma. Intelligent design is likewise a non-starter in that there exists no intelligence to perform the process. Thusly, there cannot exist a mirror image unintelligent design outside of simple wordplay. Hence, no examples possible.

thumbs up!

Loved your answer

Nothing! Deep down inside, i have to follow the statement of Socrates.
(I know that I know nothing).
I am fortunate to have free will which allows me (an ignorant man), with my limited thinking, to choose my own path in life. The way i see it, is that everything has a purpose

air and food use the same pipe to enter the body which comes from when we had gills not lungs

Human optic nerve that connect to front of retina, giving us a blind spot.
Octopus do not have that.

Allan Level 5 Nov 16, 2017

I understand some men like their nipples stimulated.

Giving us the power of thought, or thoughtlessness. Our brains do not always work very well?

The prostrate gland wrapped around the urethra then losing elasticity restricts urine flow

Excellent blog!
You did amazing job.

Arounda is a collaborative ai tool for ui design that allows users to design and prototype user interfaces for web and mobile applications. It comes with features such as vector networks, frame-based design, real-time collaboration, and version history.

Haha

Everything is an example of unintelligent design, because intelligent design is impossible. This even applies to a favourite creationist argument regarding human eyes, which are very complex but also very flawed.

Wisdom teeth. And come to think of it the totally ludicrous and disproportionate pain that a bloody toothache causes, what's that all about?!

The London Orbital Motorway, the M25.

siamese twins are identical twins that got fertilised at a bad time as the egg was separating.

humans and most species are not any sex till they reach a certain age so men got nipples before they were male just in case. all mammals and many creatures reach a part of time in the womb when they are all very similar to each other.

That animal:

[i.imgur.com]

MarcO Level 5 Nov 24, 2017

Example of unintelligent design: The wolf.

Example of Intelligent design: The pug.

No, the pug was created through selective breeding leading to an entire breed of dog which existence is filled with pain, diseases and other physical troubles. In that sense, it shows man-made Intelligent Design.

Our intelligence is part of evolution's design.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.