Agnostic.com

5 0

LINK Woman arrested for holding black teens at gunpoint

Is this an actual racial incident or is it the media trying to make it that way? Simple fear as opposed to hatred? You be the judge.

IAJO163 8 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Take her gun away before she shoots some unfortunate person.
There seems to be a culture pf paranoia in parts of the USA. I visited a family in rural Idaho last year and the householder told me that he had loaded guns in the house while his children were growing up.
Some time ago a drifter had come to the local town and raped and murdered a woman. For this reason he was taking no chances.
Not long before our visit someone came to his door looking for help saying that his car had broken down and he chased the person at gunpoint.
Very sad but that's what happens when the country is awash with guns and people feel that they have to arm themselves for protection.

Looks like a racial incident to me. If she was truly fearful, she would not have opened the door. I feel bad for the effect this will have on the boys.

Phew. If she was afraid she shouldn't have opened the door! I hope at the very least her gun is taken!
(And her gun license).

4 teen boys going door to door would make me nervous any night except Halloween. Would I hold a gun on them? Nope! (Paticularly in broad daylight).

Either don't go to the door or bring mace if you're that anxious. (And you don't point that at them either without cause!).

If you've totally lost your marbles where teens are concerned? Call a cop.

I feel bad for these kids they're gonna be flinchy when they get old enough to realize what could have happened. Hopefully they're still at the 'I can't be killed' stage of youth. Cause damn!

I see several parts to the story here. First, if she had gone through a home invasion previously, it's conceivable that she had fear. That fear was misguided, though, and I doubt she would have been afraid of some white kids in football jerseys coming to her door.

Second, she certainly overreacted. You don't open the door and hold people at gunpoint if you think they might be planning to break in; not if you're thinking rationally. But fear impairs rational thinking.

Finally, her being married to a jail administrator may have led her to certain attitudes about how law enforcement should be done. She probably felt entitled to make a citizen's arrest, but had no basis to do so.

The situation could have ended tragically and it's a lucky thing for everyone involved that it didn't.

Makes me think PTSD and a gun. She'd be better with mace - less likely to take a life.

@RavenCT Funny/ not funny story- I have a degree of PTSD due to my local police pounding on my door in the middle of the night and shouting unintelligibly. Since I couldn't see who it was or understand what they were saying, I thought it might be a setup for a home invasion, so I came to the door with my handgun out of sight behind my leg and kept the chain on the door. Instead of seeing a badge, I saw pistols pointed in my face.

Luckily one of the officers was a former co-worker of mine in the Department of Corrections who recognized me and de-escalated the situation forthwith. Turns out one of my neighbors is just fine when she takes her medication, but when she doesn't, she imagines things are happening in the neighborhood and calls 911 to tell the dispatcher all about it. The police showed up twice more at my apartment, luckily in the daytime those instances, and they knocked politely. Why the fuck they couldn't knock politely at 1:30 AM is a mystery I have never had explained.

@Paul4747 Damn that'll do it!

I think she is confused and thinks she is entitled to something that those kids might be taking away. Her fear is another diversion caused by Clownface and it is bringing out her hatred. "White must be right." I read recently that a white 60 something man said that "Donald Trump might be the white man's last chance." Chance for what? I don't think I want to live in these people's world. They scare me.

Agreed.

Last chance for white supremacy.

@bingst I also fear black supremacy! LOL!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.