Agnostic.com

19 0

What's the biggest red flag when meeting new people?

GuitarDoctor 7 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The location of their eye sockets. If, in the front of the skull, they are predatory; and either carnivore, or omnivore. If, in the sides of the skull, they are probably non-predatory, and herbivore.

Tolerance of trump.

Negatively fixated people: they complain about others, possibly themselves, the food, the weather... I've got to expect to make their shit list eventually, plus, that sort of littany is a total drag to be around.

Zster Level 8 Aug 19, 2019

they look like this

Women who habitually wear a facade of make up, perfume and ridiculous false nails - I want to see and get to know real women

When they dominate the conversation and continue to talk about themselves and have no interest or ask questions about the other individual.A woman with way to much makeup on .Over use of profanity .Unkempt hair

When people demean others or speaks disrespectfully of someone. If they are mean to others they will probably be mean to you.

Too true, if All their exes were assholes I don't want to join that queue.

I met a man..a doctor...who told me he loved me after the first meeting then talked about his ex, how much he disliked having to pay child support for the son he adopted and how much he now regretted adopting his son oh and how expensive the meal was! (I offered to pay half). It was awful. Love bombing is always yuck anyway.

They hype themselves too much. They give evasive answers to questions. They tell me they are "honest."

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 18, 2019

I had to laugh because i just added to my profile a bit about honesty. Honesty is very important to me. But after reading your comment, i realized what I wrote might be off putting to some. But, i think i will leave it, because it is a big part of who I am.

@LucasfromGR, of course a comment like that prompted me to go read your profile. That and your handsome visage sort of made me wish I was a couple decades younger. Wishing you good fortune.

Meet my church group or send me money

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 18, 2019

The good con man does not ask for your confidence they offer you theirs.

If they start telling you how good they are at something... I generally know they aren't!

I avoid braggarts at all costs!

Avoiding direct questions...

Hmm interesting how do you define direct? 😉

@LenHazell53 "what kind of work do you do?" He says, "sales."

@Cutiebeauty That's why I got out of sales a long time ago, one of the few professions where being a smarmy git is a professional requirement

Human animals are naturally predatory, self serving and territorial. They can be altruistic and compassionate, but only when it serves an end that will benefit them too.

Your casual friends should be those who are friendly to you, not those to whom you are friendly as that will inevitably open you up to being exploited.
Your only true friends should be those with whom a cautious mutually none reliant, with no expectations on either side, relationship has developed over an extended period of time and where the only benefit derived on either side is the pleasure of one another's company.

Human emotional bonds are easy to make, easier to exploit and broken for passion and gain easier than a gluten free pie crust.

Socially make sure the new people were introduced to you by some one you already trust and if they start asking questions about you or appear to be pumping you for even innocuous information, change the subject. If this means they make an excuse and leave they were after something and have discounted you as a mark.

At work keep things purely professional when meeting some one, don't make friends out of workmates, work environments are not meant to be conducive to equality but to competition over familiar work mates are sizing you up and they will step on you and over you or find away to stop you advancing past them.
At work you should be admired by those below you, relied upon by those above you and an open ear to both, while being an open mouth to neither.

Experience has taught me that it is okay to like some one, be civil with anyone, but never ever trust anyone until you have known them, experienced their highs and lows and have never been betrayed by them for at least five years.
a good rule of thumb is
Are their lips moving?
Yes?
Then they are probably lying to you.

He who is not one up on everyone else is invariably one down, it is the purpose of the art of lifemanship to always be oneup on everyone else.

Stephen Potter 1950

Fake ~

Varn Level 8 Aug 18, 2019

Trump Christian Fascists are right out.

I am very uncomfortable around people who do not exhibit good personal hygiene, make eye contact, have a limp handshake, don't return smiles and often run another people down.

All easy to fake and are taught as tools to professional salespersons.
A firm handshake
Look people in the face and stare at their nose bridge when talking to them
Deodorant and mouth spray before meeting anyone
Smile and never be negative about your competition instead use negative compliments such as "Their products are really great IF that is what you are looking for, buth they have a very niche market which is great, but not for you."

Straight forward look into my eyes. If you can't do that, we will not get along.

oh good we'll get along fine then 🙂

There is a trick around that one I learned years ago, if you want people to trust you, don't meet their gaze, stare at the bridge of their nose, that way whichever way they look at you they will feel they are meeting a strong steady gaze that does not waver and seems to meet both of their eyes at the same time.

@LenHazell53 And then you will have to tell me about your cleverness and i will have to smite you down with one of my looks. Too bad!

@Spinliesel I just did.😉

braggadocio. I can't stand people who toot their own horn 24/7.

#1,Hygiene, clean teeth,no body oder,for Women a nice scent,for Men a good cologne,a firm hand shake, when offered.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390701
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.