Agnostic.com

13 0

Best Place To Live?

I have been wanting to relocate for quite some time now. I am so over all the rain in Oregon, and long for more sunny/dry/warm days to ride my motorcycle. My parents are in AZ andwould love for me to relocate there, but I don't want to be somewhere where water is scarce. And I don't want to be somewhere cold or that deals with snow. I love the outdoors and nature, and not entirely sure I can be too far way from the woods. Curious to hear your opinions.

NaturalBornCynic 6 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know a lot of people who are leaving the Eugene area for Bend. I guess you would have to enjoy winter as well to do that though...

Bend is nice, but also expensive.

@NaturalBornCynic very true.

If you are tired of the cold and rain I’d suggest Austin, Tx. Cool vibe, great food and live music scene, warm and dry.

ireland come to Ireland its pretty!

I'd love to relocate out of America. Not sure if my job status would transfer though...

I really liked Quito Ecuador.

High in the mountains, with year round nice temperatures. When I visited, It was inexpensive and clean. Speaking Spanish would make it a much easier place to live.

Anywhere secular

I live in Arizona and there are many places in the state where you can live that aren’t downtown Phoenix. Places with tall pines, snow, vast vistas, and of course hot as hell deserts. You’d be closer to your family living in say Flagstaff.

Also Phoenix is 3 hours from Mexico. I’m thinking of moving to Guymas on the sea of Cortez. Seafood, warm weather but not hot, and an ocean in an affordable place.

Flagstaff is beautiful, unfortunately it is quite expensive for me... and they do get more snow than I care to deal with. I like to keep the snow on the mountain, not in my back yard.

Hmmmmmm you are asking for a mirical partly. how about california near the sea or somewear else sunny near the sea. im presuming you want to stay in america.

Asheville, NC. Excellent riding roads and the Tail of the Dragon.

I just saw a video about the spoon lady there and Ive been reading about the arts in that area.

The arts is one of the main reasons I love it here. There's also the people and the beer. And the scenery.

I lived most of my life in N.C. and Fla. In 2014, I visited Houston because of my fathers death. Had the opportunity to stay a month. After that month, my decision was made! Although it is in Texas, Houston enjoys GREAT diversity, and is borderline liberal\conservative. Great change for me, and I was worried about just seeing rednecks and cowboys...

Hutch Level 7 Mar 18, 2018

Houston is a great city lived there for 4’years

That depends on what a person wants from life. To me, an ideal place would be in the Pacific northwest with wooded areas and flowing wstreams -- but also near enough to cities to also engage in the world of culture and intellect.

In order to find the perfect place for myself I will have to become a founding fathet, creating a country from scratch.

What about Albuquerque? You get it all; botantical gardens, a great zoo and aquarium, skiing at Sandia Peak, towering mountains, warm, sunny weather, etc.

I had planned to move to Albuquerque, just before I moved to Thailand instead.

New Mexico has been on my radar for a very long time - even though I have never been there. Not sure the reason behind feeling drawn to it?

I've been in the Albuquerque area for 15 years and love it! All your highlights are spot on plus great kayaking, hiking, and camping! Also, it's a rural sort of city and the cost of living is quite low.

I doubt you will find that perfect location. Everything has it's advantages and disadvantages.
I wish you well and success in finding what you are searching for here and in your life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.