Agnostic.com

22 4

Hi there! I'm new to this site and just wondering what everyone thinks about it and if you've met someone? Seems to me like it's a cool social media site so far but not really a dating site. Tell me what you think.

Rebrep 4 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This site was marketed to me as a dating site so that's interesting that it seems to be just a atheist discussion group. Don't get me wrong, I really like it. I was just hoping to meet actual people whether it be friends or dating. I will be patient and keep talking and discussing things on here. Thank you so much for all the feedback!

Same here. Still interesting, though. I think I'll stick around for a while.

You're right. I've said before this is more of a social site masquerading as a dating site. But that's cool, because we all engage socially first and, as you get to know folks you can privately contact the ones you are more interested in. The site is in its infancy, which is why you may not see a lot of local (to you) members, but that will improve with time. Welcome and have fun.

Talked with several people, started some friendships (male & female), time will tell.

I am here to meet women, make friends and see what can happen within that friendship. I have not met anyone and have no expecttions of doing so. I will continue to enjoy the community and experiencing other like minded people here.

My girlfriend and I are both here for community, we were together prior to joining, so I can not comment on the site’s dating aspect.

Got in contract with someone that works in my area, seems pretty cool. Just talking though. That's all I'm really after. I'm single but not ready for relationship. Sites good for talking and interesting convo.

Welcome! I am fairly new to agnostic.com and am here for community. However, from what I've seen I believe that through your posts and looking at comments which others have made on posts in which you are interested, you will see members who have similar interests and attitudes to yours and with whom you could possibly be compatible. That is when the "Message feature" comes in. Send the member a message and wait for a response. Maybe it pans out, and maybe not, but you won't know until you attempt to make the connection. I hope you enjoy all aspects of the site.

I am new also. Seems kinda sparce on people but I will give it a chance and interact more.

No one but those concerned see what goes on, on messages. 😉

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay!
I'm not here for dating, so I can't pass judgment on whether the site is good for that. However, it's still a fairly new site, so I'd be patient and give more people time to join.

I was hoping for a dating site as well, but the members are too spread out. Maybe over time it will become that. Right now it is just cool to talk to people. I love the idea, so I hope it happens.

Great forum, great people, it is a dating site, but that seems secondary.

Well being a cool media site makes it a potential great meeting place surely? you can instigate or take the first move you know just like real life.

I love this community. I also wish there were more people using the dating aspect of it.

Great social media site but to small yet to be a good dating site. I’m here only for community anyway.

Hi! Doesn't seem like i can catch anyone from the springs on here at the same time. I keep missing people by a few years haha! I have yet to really talk to anyone

Well, I think it's better than a dating site. It's not full of spam and bots. You actually get to start conversing with people and learn real things about them. It seems to be a place where you might actually make some friends and find a real person you might want to go on a date with. I don't know about anyone else but I've never found anyone on a so called real dating site. I haven't been here long and a lot of people haven't but it seems that most, once they are here, are saying they are going to stick around anyway. Seems to be the kind of place people really need. I give it an A+.

Welcome. I find this space significantly better then Facebook. If you share my lack of respect for superstition based assertions, you should usually (not always) find the guests on this site enlightening. Sadly, there are a few here who adhere to dogma and value faith (belief without evidence) over science but thankfully, they are in the minority. I hope you find this site enjoyable

I was directed here as a dating site too.

I'm single, available, and interested in meeting women but I don't work this site very hard as if it were for dating. It's fine if that happens but I don't get that this site has a dating vibe to it.

Welcome to the realm of the realstic. There a lot of intelgent people here. You are sure to learn something you did not know.

I like the site a lot, and I've been here for several months now. I haven't met anyone in person, but I've made a few online friends (and for me that's just fine). There are search tools on the meet > members page: [agnostic.com] (search options on the righthand side if you're on desktop, or using the magnifying glass mobile web), so you can find people based on age, location, keywords, etc. Welcome, and good luck to you. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.