Agnostic.com

5 3

Brexit Deal

So I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to this. I've been caught up in outrage over cheeto boy, Project Blitz and reproductive rights. But I started reading up on it and it seems quite the mess! So. Why does being a part of the EU hurt British economy...or help it? I'm interested in what members of this community think about it all. I see there are very strong emotions on both sides...

Freespirit64 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being a part of the EEYU helps the British economy. The issue to xenophobic Brits is open immigration from anywhere in the EEU. They are the ones who have forced Brexit.

The UK is a net contributor to the EU along with the wealthier countries such as Germany.France, Italy and the Netherlands.
Beneficiaries have been Ireland,Greece,Spain and many of the smaller newer members.
The UK is so intractably linked with the EU that it will be a nightmare to separate. In addition to trade there are common laws on health and safely,employment protection etc.We are members of the common fisheries and common agricultural agreement and there is free movement between member countries although the UK is not party to the Schengen agreement which allows border crossing without checks.

We voted overwhelmingly to remain in Scotland and I would love to see us remain but England and Wales voted to leave for many reasons. Immigration was one reason and something called sovereignty, if anyone really knows what it means and entails.
PM Cameron called the referendum to quieten the Eurosceptics in the Tory party not thinking for a moment that the public vote would be to leave. Of course he immediately cut and run and is now being paid handsomely by his city friends who are benefitting financially.

Apart from the likes of Rees Mogg who has benefitted to the tune of £millions by playing the money market with the £ falling in value by the day I cannot see the motivation of others.

It costs us money to be a member but the benefits are enormous and I would rather be an equal partner in the EU rather than the 51st state of the US which is more or less what will happen with this amazing trade deal that Johnson and Trump are about to negotiate.
;

I don't know enough about it to make an educated comment.

Brexit is an omnibus deal ...something for and against many different kinds of people business and country...really the UK is 4 countries Wales Ireland England and SCOTLAND and all 4 are shooting each other in a circular political firing squad....immigration religion EU PARLIAMENTARY sovereignty shared or subservient...I hate our tiny fingered tangerine shitgibbon and the tampon terrorists who vote for him against gynecology....but WHAT IS "PROJECT BLITZ " ?

[theguardian.com]

@Freespirit64 I have been fighting these CRIMINAL THEOCRATS since 1978....the article seems 2 years old and the one quote from a Project BlitzBoy refers to ReaGUN not by name praising TrumpOLINI as their successor to ReaGUN....this ignores the FBI faith based initiative invented by Clinton ESCALATED by boyBUSH and continued UNCHANGED by ObushaObombney.....but true to the description of the article, most opponents of these dominionist fascist meet me at the flagpole student club equal time laws of 30 yrs running CONDEMNED me and my American Atheist peers for "falling into their trap" of being an outright Atheist.....most of these strategists wanted to defeat xians at polls with BILLARY not pubic opinion for 100% secular gawdless US CONSTITUTIONAL policies....so here we are today with Betsy deVos destroying public education funding diverting most to religious schools....fraud like deVos is identical to fraud for Erikkk Prince BLACKWATER and BILLARY invading Libya....making deals with a blue devil gets you red devils in rollercoaster elections

Britain never went all in with the EU anyway, they kept their monetary system rather than switch to the Euro. If I have it right, a lot of this Brexit issue came down to the EU requiring it's members to accept certain numbers of refuge immigrants and they did not want to be forced to do that. Northern Ireland is still using the Pound currency as well, while Ireland itself uses the Euro, meaning if you go there for a tour, you need to have some cash in both currencies (a pain!). Scotland was against the breakup with the EU as well. It could have ramifications for trade between the Brits and EU members and with many EU people working and living in Britain as well as the other way around, it makes it difficult for them to know what their status is going to be
I'm sure some of our British members on here can point out any errors on my part or be more enlightening. I look forward to learning more from them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397587
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.