Agnostic.com

53 8

How much caffeine do you consume daily?

I know of people at work that have 5-8 cups! I have 2 espressos a day. I cut back from 3. Some coworkers start with a huge energy drink. I don't consume other caffeine products often. How much caffeine do you consume?

4EvanSake 6 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First cup to become conscious, work day no more until I get home, then 3 in the next hour, and another 2 later in the evening.

24-40oz daily. It’s usually just a few cups spread out through the day but on weekends when I work outside, I take a 40oz thermos full of coffee with me and it’s usually gone by lunchtime.

I have two in the morning before work, one or two while at work, and if I am off the following day, a cup at night. Probably too much. My coffee maker has a grinder, which I love. Not a burr grinder; I'm a bit of a coffee snob, but not impossible! 😉

I drink 4 or 5 cups a day. A few months ago I switched to a coffee with half the caffeine.

I have 1 personally prepared Tasters Choice instant at 7 am, after that I have another around 10:30-11:00 am. I do not need coffee to wake me up, I drink it because I love the taste of it, and also keeps me from being hungry early in the morning. Also it is a good habit to have, since I travel a lot, and every Hotel, Hostel, Motel, B&B serves at least coffee and some form of pastry in the mornung, so coffee in many situations is the only meal I have for hrs, until I get to be able to have dinner. So I have 1 maybe 2 cuos/day with 2 tsp.sugar and 1 splash of 1/2&1/2.

A single flat white, which contains 2 shots of espresso. Made by me. Every morning.

miffy Level 5 Mar 19, 2018

I had to cut down. It was doing wonky things to my heart. 😟

Two or three cups every morning, usually. Only decaf after about noon daily, or it interferes with sleep.

As much as Ifancy

16-36 oz a day. Depends on if I went to bed on time the night before 🙂

350-400 mgs of caffeine in my pre-workout every day. It wakes me up from my sleep med in the morning. I'll need another can soon, but I'll see if the sale will be going again. $45 a can, or on sale 2 for $50.

I used to drink a whole pot. Now it's 2 cups and done.

I limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. I use to drink coffee all day on top of eating at least 24 Chocolate covered espresso beans.

During the week - 3ish Diet Cokes between 5:30 AM and 7:00 PM. 2-3 cups of Earl Grey or Lipton tea.

Also, lots of water.

Weekends are more sporadic and varied.

I'm a tea drinker mostly, but English style with milk and sugar substitute. I love Chai teas as well as some green teas. And summer time requires sweet tea. I will have an occasional mini soda or coffee drink but light and sweet, just like tea. I probably have between 2-6 cups of caffeine containing items daily, depending on my mood. Tea is very soothing to me

LizL Level 5 Mar 19, 2018

Enough to keep me upright, which is probably too much. Tea also has caffeine in it so it’s hard to escape it.

I think a former colleague of mine wins the ‘Caffeine Queen’ award. We used to call what she drank ‘The Lesley Special’. This involved three heaped tea spoons of coffee, no milk, no sugar.
She would drink at least three of these a day. If she was hungover she would drink them on-the-hour! No wonder she had the shakes, and one day she collapsed at work because of it.
That shocked me enough to almost give up lattes, almost ?

Nomad Level 6 Mar 19, 2018

3-5 cups of coffee atleast a 2L of coke or pepsi 1 can of jupina 2-3 cups of tea and 1 cup of chocolate milk

2, 2 and a half cups of coffee. Sometimes a cup of tea. Not so much

Since 2009, I've been drinking one cup of tar every morning. I have a twelve cup coffeemaker. But, it's just me and I only need one cup. I didn't know how much coffee grounds to put in for one cup when I started using that coffeemaker so I used three heaping tablespoons, which, I'm told would be normal for the entire pot. But, that's my one cup. Then, three tablespoons of creamer and three of sugar. Whenever I have to be on the bus for appointments or other errands, I always stop at the 7-Eleven across the street for a one liter Mountain Dew. I drink Monster and Red Bull sometimes, especially when I'm on a nighttime shift. But, they're not daily caffeine intakes. Caffeine doesn't affect me anymore. I actually went for a week with no caffeine whatsoever just to prove that to my Primary Care Physician. I was right. No noticeable difference with or without caffeine in my system. Drinking Mtn Dew or energy drinks is like a bottle of water for me. LMFAO!!!!

2 cups in the morning

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 20, 2020

I have a personal-sized coffee maker. I make one pot and drink it in the morning.

VERY little as I have an inherited caffeine sensitivity. My morning coffee contains maybe 1/3rd regular coffee and 2/3 decaff (espresso/French type, so 4-6 oz serving). Some days, I'll have an afternoon (but before 4PM or NO sleep!) cup of the same or of a light brew of blended (with herbal) with white tea. I am not sure how many mg of caffeine that ends up being, but it should be pretty low. The only other caffeine might come in a couple ozs of dark chocolate. No sodas or other energy bevs.

My natural bio clock has me awake and productive from around 10AM until anywhere between 3-6AM next day, so SOME caffeine is usually in order. (:

Zster Level 8 Feb 20, 2020

Much less these days. I used to be an all day coffee consumer in my youth, then for some time I was drinking sodas for my caffeine. I ditched sodas a few years ago and now consume maybe one or two cups of coffee , early in the day.

About 3 average cups of coffee daily. I don't do sodas.

Not sure, not that I need any though...I'm already torqued out enough without any caffeine in my tank.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39771
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.