Agnostic.com

8 2

Does freethought require a free society

Yes and violance against those who we despise does nothing but give them a reason to blame us This is why it is so important that when we challenge anyone you do it with respect and dignity

Marine 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your mind is always your own, your society is not.

No your mind is your only temple and we have invented lying to save our asses in my case or just plain bullshitting for other reasons that are many. takes real bravery/stupidity to speak out to the wrong audiance.

Free thought can certainly exist without a free society, history has lots of examples, most recently with the change in regimes in the middle east.

A free socieity certrainly enhances free thought, but free thought can occur in all circumstances. It depends on the strength of will and intelligence of the person.

It demands an Educated Society and Education should be our first and foremost concern.

Yes don't fight using violence and stoop to their level.

Of course not. No one can possible prevent you from thinking. Now expressing your thoughts verbally is another question and that is free speech and not free thought.

Then let me answer your question with a question do you think we need to challenge their ideas with our free thoughts or do you think we can exist with my free thought and there ....what they perceive to be free thought ....their gods and worshiping that......
..... in other words Live and Let Live?
In all actuality it seems like we need to fight back because of the way the world is religion seems to be the biggest problem we got going on pretty hard to ignore what's going on pretty hard to stick your head in the sand My Views are changing even as I posed the question

yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39802
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.