Agnostic.com

11 9

Wenatchee 12-year-old arrested for threatening to shoot up school.

He reportedly said he was going to come to school Tuesday and “shoot up the school."

“Upon contact, the suspect admitted that he had made the threats but he was making a joke," Captain Edgar Reinfeld of the Wenatchee Police Department said. “This is not something to be taken lightly. We’ve seen this tragedy play out over and over nationally and internationally.”

Orchard Middle School is close to my home in Wenatchee, WA.

I feel grateful that he was stopped in time.

[ncwlife.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gun worship and gun worshippers.

They should expel him and then put him in reform school for 6 months. Then, fine his parents for being stupid! (New tax there... Stupid parent tax!) Then they should publish this as a warning in every cartoon and video game!

No, Captain Reinfeld. This is not a tragedy you've seen play out internationally.
This is pretty much a US specialty.

I remember a case in Arkansas in which two elementary school boys took a rifle from the grandfather's home and killed fellow students from a distance. All kids must be made to understand that such a threat is not an appropriate joke.

At 12, he fucked his life up...

So this kid probably hears about all the school shootings that take place in this country and the message he comes away with is 'I should tell people I'm gonna do that too.'

Stupid little shit.

I'm so grateful every time people like these are stopped in time!

Carin Level 8 Sep 5, 2019

With the continual problem of school shootings in the USA all threats must be taken seriously. I remember when the UK had a shooting at Dunblane. It was a shock. I hear about another shooting at a school in the USA and I think 'how many this month'? Then of course POTUS45 send thoughts and prayers - yawn.
Well it's on my study list about American society, politics and criminology for the academic year.

It gets worse, we must do something

Stop having children? 🤣
Seriously, I agree.

@Petter stop the insanity in congress and WH

Things like this should never be or never have been taken lightly, as a joke. Since 911 and then the media's attention to more shootings, these happenings have finally been regulated to "check it out." Even if the kid was kidding, he needs help.
Remember the hijackings of the 70's - I was on a plane in 80 that was delayed because some idiot made a hijacking joke. There are certain times and places where what you say is NOT protected speech. You can't yell fire in a movie theater; however, you can shout god isn't real.

Bloody 'ell!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398283
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.