Agnostic.com

74 7

What are some of your favorite movie quotes?

What are some of your favorite movie quotes and why are they meaningful to you? I quite enjoy Brad Pitt's Achilles in Troy when he discusses the impermanence of being mortal:

"I'll tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple: The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything's more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

I think it highlights that life's value comes from its impermanence. Seize the day, because there will never be another like it.

resserts 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (51 - 74)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Father, why you had forsaken your son?

When the son speaks to his father while nailed to the cross... I admit is a powerful speach.

“I am Mrs DeWinter now”, from Rebecca.

"No matter where you go there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Here goes something, here comes nothing, Tron.

Kind of like being in business 😟

“Get back you fleshy headed mutant”! From the McKenzie Bros movie Stange Brew.

"Fredo, youre my brother and I love you....but don't EVER take sides against the family ".

And fredo thought Fuck the family, you are in my place.

@GipsyOfNewSpain and his thoughts lead him to the bottom of Lake Tahoe. Lol

Idont know what it is but its weird and its pissed off from my all time fave film. plenty in the film dredd but its timing rather than what he sais, my second fave film. Isee it as a possible future.

After the 3 wise men abruptly take back the Frankincense, Incense and Myrrh mistakenly given to Brian's mother instead of Mary for Jesus, Brian's mother mother yells out, Indian Giver! And then under her(played by a guy) breath says, I didn't like that Myrrh anyway.

In The Life of Brian, The John Cleese character says after finding and holding up a sandal, Its a sign!!!

After hearing from the king saying, I am your king.

The reply is. I didn't vote for you.

Tucker: When you see a college girl prancin' around in front of you half naked, you do not call out my name!

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

“I’m gonna pass you.” Taro, Hotwheels World Race.

The movie Animal House, when they show the statue on campus that is titled, "Knowledge is good." I thought that very funny, and whenever I hear a "mission statement" I think of that quote.

There's more to life than just being really, really, really good looking...
~ Derek Zoolander

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmVILOvmfA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmVILOvmfA

That hit me like a ton of bricks when I first saw it years ago. Since then, I’ve always had the jist of it in the back of my mind. Thanks for finding it.

It struck me when I first watched it, too. It's such a great sentiment.

Wreck-it Ralph
“I should thank you but it would be more fun to kill you. . . . look at that it’s your little friend. Let’s watch her die together shall we.”

Stay gold ponyboy. ..The Outsiders.

"Darkness warshed over the dude - darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night."
-The Stranger on The Big Lebowski. Don't get me started on Lebowski quotes...

Stupid is as Stupid Does. Forrest Gump. What we have here is a failure to communicate, Cool Hand Luke. There comes a time in life when you have to take the bull by the tail and face the situation-W.C Fields. This is my rifle, this is my gun-Full Metal Jacket. Bang, Zoom-Jackie Gleason. Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you happy to see me-Mae West.

The Honeymooners quote reminds me of this Futurama clip:

Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

MikaB Level 5 Mar 19, 2018

If you are looking for a website to watch movies, TV shows, and web series. So 8xmovie is one of the most popular options. However, before 8xmovies you use this platform, there are several things you should know about it. And here you can get the saree movie. For detailed information, you can see the complete information.

"No" A quote from many movies as I recalled.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39868
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.