Agnostic.com

74 7

What are some of your favorite movie quotes?

What are some of your favorite movie quotes and why are they meaningful to you? I quite enjoy Brad Pitt's Achilles in Troy when he discusses the impermanence of being mortal:

"I'll tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple: The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything's more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again."

I think it highlights that life's value comes from its impermanence. Seize the day, because there will never be another like it.

resserts 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have several, some, most actually, caught me up, emotionally, in that particular moment of the movie, and touched my heart and my soul.
First one

Great movie, shitty person it seems lol

@Piece2YourPuzzle, yeah, you're right about that.

From The Mosquito Coast

Emily Spellgood says to Charlie: "I think about you when I go to the bathroom."

When a woman tells you something like that, you have to think about it.

“Get back you fleshy headed mutant”! From the McKenzie Bros movie Stange Brew.

Curly of the 3 Stoogies, "I'm a victim of circumstances". You gotta say it in Curly's voice.

I read it in my head in his voice, even before reading your followup sentence. lol

Soycumstances!

@Paul628 I should have caught that myself.

"your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries" It never fails to cheer me. Monty python. Holy Grail.

Albus Dumbledore: There will come a time when we must choose between what is right and what is easy.

Remi Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

"Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?"
~ Pinhead (from one of the films in the Pinhead series)

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

Another favorite...

"They’re not scared of you. They’re scared of what you represent to ’em." - Jack Nicholson's character in Easy Rider

"Aren't you worried?" "Would it help?" Bridge of Spies

SeaD Level 2 Mar 30, 2018

You got them balloons that make the funny shapes?
Not unless you think round is funny.
Raising Arizona

There is no spoon...

Whoa!

"Life is pain. Anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Dread Pirate Roberts
The Princess Bride

From ‘Day the Earth Stood Still’
Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

"Definitely an 'N' word…"

Remi Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

"You keep saying that word... I don't think it means what you think it means." from The Princess Bride.

Incontheivable!

@arronpaul46 I decided to actually read the book too. The movie is surprisingly loyal and true to the book... well the updated and abridged version by William Goldman.

@arronpaul46 I like to read the books that were made into movies to see how they handled the adaptation. In most cases the books are better, but there are rare exceptions where the adaptation is better. For instance the TV show "Dexter" about a serial killer who only kills otyher serial killers is better than the books that the show ws adapted from.

@arronpaul46 Yeah, I hated how they ended the "Dexter" series. But, it was great while it lasted. Another book series where the adaptation seems to be better is "Game of Thrones" Of course they hve not finished th eseries yet and the books have fallen behind, and the two diverged in the fifth season.

Firefly: Shepherd was talking about belief. Malcom reply regarding God’s help: that’s a long wait for a train that don’t come...

Serenity. I love that Firefly movie. Loaded with good quotes. Now I want to screen the movie again.

Anything from Tommy Boy

Found another I like.

❤️

She turned me into a newt!

“I tell you one thing. I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

• Lister, From Red Dwarf

Live For Today

Coldo Level 8 Mar 20, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39868
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.