Agnostic.com

13 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes so true Christains don't like it when you give them true facts they can't debunk.

Cliff Level 3 Mar 21, 2018

People want to be happy and hopeful so we have to put our energies on something. Christians put it on an outside source who bestows survival and happiness upon us if Thou is so inclined. It’s been pointed out that Atheists are generally Humanistic because they believe our hopes depend on our decisions, investments in our society, and that necessitates good will toward people. Further, while we’ll sometimes engage a debate, we don’t seek to push non-belief in a dogmatic and institutional manner. Those things tend to create a smugness, peer pressure, and aggravation in trying to rationalize an irrational idea.
For all of these reasons the article doesn’t surprise me. Religion is THE PROBLEM.

That is beacuse we are openm minded and nice people,

Totally believe that. Look how FAUX NEWS (FOX) is attacking Atheists as God-haters. Do they a ttack Christians on MSNBC and CNN? I don't think so.

Read the article and I believe it. In my own experience non religious people are more ethical and honest than the religious.

My own observation of christians, particularly those of the evangelical brand agree with these findings. Once these deluded people learn you are an atheist all of their good will towards you evaporates.

True. Many Christians are unchristain to atheists.

Too many "christians" are unchristian to everyone.

@HippieChick58 So true, they go to church, sing their hymns, act pious and the night before they were at the strip club putting the families grocery money in a thing string while the wife and kids are at home and yet they dare to wag fingers at us for being sinners!

@misstuffy I'm sorry to put this image in your head, but think Kim Davis, lowly clerk that tried to deny marriage licenses. Fred Phelps, from Westboro Baptist, one of the meanest snakes of all time. Good xian my ass. There are so very many more.

@HippieChick58 Im well familiar with both cases. Kim Davis should have been fired when she refused to carry out her duties. She was not hired a Christian Government, she was hired by a secular government to serve people of all beliefs, sexual orientation and so on. It wasnt her place to make a judgement call based on religious BS. Glad Phelps is six feet under.

@HippieChick58 Im well familiar with both cases. Kim Davis should have been fired when she refused to carry out her duties. She was not hired a Christian Government, she was hired by a secular government to serve people of all beliefs, sexual orientation and so on. It wasnt her place to make a judgement call based on religious BS. Glad Phelps is six feet under.

@HippieChick58 Phelps and his son and daughter were all lawyers in Kansas. All three were disbarred for unethical conduct. Their ethics did not improve when they established the Westboro Baptist Church.

@wordywalt I was up close to the Westboro cult when I lived in Kansas. I read the history of the family. What a sad, violent man. The cult is family only, and I pity the kids.

It's amazing how Christian's turn on you once they find out your an atheist. I mean it's usually because I tell them, not because I ate a baby in front of them.

But once in awhile it is because you ate a baby in front of them 🙂

Im amazed at how many Christians would believe you ate a baby, they associate Atheists with devil worship and of course human sacrifice because they have no clue.

Don't have enough tribalism in your life? Try religion

Oh, I like that comment!

Be wary of the Independent. They show a little too much cherry picking and confirmation bias to be a reliable source.

Iknow my far-out religious cousins dam everybody to hell if they don't believe

Well, DUH.
It's interesting that the religious people were only unfair to atheists if they thought they knew they were Christians. So the whole hostility thing is an attempt to placate their religious leaders?

Because we are sure in our beliefs which is threatening to those who are not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40593
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.