Agnostic.com

21 18

Kidnapper Ants Steal Other Ants' Babies - And Brainwash Them

Ant slavery? (Under 5 minutes)

VictoriaNotes 9 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So GOD created a species of ant that can't feed themselves? Of course, that makes perfect sense. How could anyone doubt the infinite wisdom behind that design?

Praise Him!

Fascinating. It was like watching Lord of the Rings, but with ants. I’m so stressed for the black ones. Lol.

Read in Walden about the ants and their war - they fight on a massive scale. Ants also enslave and "milk" aphids. And, oddly enough, ants are aware of themselves when they look in a mirror.

@Beowulfsfriend do you have a reference for the ants self-awareness? That's interesting.

@Metahuman, yes, they say: “Hello, self!” 😄

@Metahuman here is a quicky [scinapse.io]. It is an ongoing argument as to whether or not recognition of self is actual self-awareness. I just grabbed a quick, yes there are studies. It is definitely being argued over - much as animal linguistics continues to be.

Ants are the humans of the insect world. They do take slaves.. I've seen it firsthand when I was raising a black ant colony and a red ant colony. They will steal the eggs after a raid and make the enslaved ant do work.

They also raise cattle (aphids), farm plants (leaf cutter ants don't eat the leaves, they grow fungi on the leaves inside their colony and eat the fungus), they'll build bridges and boats out of ants, they create air ducting in their colonies that draws in fresh air, and they wage war.. sometimes pointless wars. The biggest black ant colony and biggest red ant colony where I lived as a child would wage war every few months. Thousands upon thousands of ants from each side would march staight into one another and fight for hours on end on neutral ground. After so long, both sides would stop fighting and return home at the same time.

Brilliant. Collective consciousness at work. What generates this type of activity, or is it impulses externally.

@Geoffrey51 I don't believe in a collective consciousness, but chemical signals is how ants communicate their activity.

@FatherOfNyx Okay. what do you think is creating the parameters that the chemical signals react within?

@Geoffrey51 The ant brain.

@FatherOfNyx Is that a collective brain?

@Geoffrey51 No, it's individuals brains working together.

@FatherOfNyx @Geoffery51 Ants communicate with more than pheromones. [cell.com]

That was really trippy. Who knew? Actually it's a pretty good metaphor for organized religion.

Thanks for introducing me to that website. I love it

Must have learned from the humans.

These are the top 7 countries in which people steal other people's babies to sell them adoption:

1. Mexico - 1,583 kidnappings in 2013, although as many as 99% may be going unreported. ...
  2. Haiti - 162 in 2012, down from 720 in the mid 2000s. ...
  3. Brazil - Around 1,000 kidnappings in 2012. ...
  4. The Philippines - 150 kidnappings reported in 2013. ...
  5. India - 2,975 kidnappings in 2010. ...
  6. Colombia - 292 reported kidnappings in 2013. ...
  7. Venezuela

3% are abducted by non-family members, usually during the commission of a crime such as robbery or sexual assault. The kidnapper is often someone the child knows. Only about 100 children (a fraction of 1%) are kidnapped each year in the stereotypical stranger abductions you hear about in the news.

Does the usa now qualify with our actions on the southern border?

@Buddha The U.S. does not steal babies for adoption or steal, period. There are wild and desperate accusations by immigrants and the special industry built around it at the Southern border. The only thing they do NOT talk about is that the immigrants are illegal and they are entering the United States unlawfully which is a crime.

@OwlInASack

1. The United States is not a refugee camp of central and South American or other countries
  2. It is illegal to enter the United States without permission
  3. The United States welcomes legal immigrants. Millions of aspiring immigrants are following the law and rules and waiting in lines outside the United States for months and years. Get in the line if you want to apply for a legal immigrants status and don't break the law.

@OwlInASack
I was desperate but never ever ever... even once thought about breaking the law. I waited in line, made meager living while waiting, obeyed all rules and waited for my turn. The United States rewarded me for my obeying the law and granted a visa. I worked hard and did not break the law, not depended on any social assistance - not food stamps, not unemployment, not a single visit to hospital emergency rooms on a public dime. No sir, don't compare me with illegal immigrants. That is not in my DNA.

There are millions of desperate people around the world. Many of them cannot talk. You know who they? I would like to talk about them and how you would airlift them here immediately because they are really desperate. They are little children who are starving and will die if we do not bring them here. Some of them will go to Harvard and maybe win Nobel and other awards. Can you please consider? I can give you 150 million from India, 300 million from Africa alone.

So drop your advocating for illegal, law breaking immigrants and their rights. All illegal immigrants including the DACA must be deported back. They can get back in the line outside the U.S. and they will be screened just like others are to see if they are qualified to enter.

@OwlInASack You have all doors open to the U.S., the opportunities and everything you want - that door is a legal entry. You do not want to do that but just want to rant and blame others for not allowing illegal? Just try blaming a traffic cop next time and see if you can get away with the arguments you have. Blame the rich, blame the heartless and see where you will get. You are taking advantage of the compassion and empathy of the American people. People do not work hard and pay their taxes, obey laws to support illegal causes.

@OwlInASack Do you sleep at night with these statistics? I bet you sleep every night. Please enlighten us on why and how.

PEOPLE CURRENTLY INCARCERATED IN THE UNITED STATES = 2,298,300

Corrections (which includes prisons, jails, probation, and parole) cost around $74 billion in 2007 according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics. At the end of 2016, the Prison Policy Initiative estimated that in the United States, about 2,298,300 people were incarcerated out of a population of 324.2 million.

Remember, the estimated population of illegal immigrants in the United States is currently at 11 million - thanks to activists like you.. That is outrageous and an insult to the compassion and empathy to good hard working American people.

@OwlInASack Undocumented = Illegal

That is the only immigrant type I am talking about.

@OwlInASack That is your interpretation. Desperation is not the same definition as you have which is - just break the law. People go to death for their principles. They do not do what you want to advocate.

@OwlInASack Ruuning out of valid arguments? What is new? First it was advocating illegal immigrants, Next it was ranting against the rich, wealthy people, next was if you don't break the law, you are not desperate enough.... You should have been a lawyer defending criminals.

@OwlInASack That is your observation of the behavior of immigrants who want to break the law and push their way through the U.S. Southern border. There are human beings around the world who do not fit your definition and they would rather wait in line outside embassies and consulates. The world is not really as you see. There are law abiding people and prefer to be that way all their lives. They want to sneak their way in over heads of others who are waiting in lines. You know why? They had parents and teachers who taught them that while growing up. If you have important lessons about the right and wrong, you will not break the law. But go on... continue your work of supporting who want are taught differently.

Why do you think the people in the United States support Trump highly and his efforts to curb illegal immigration menace. It is because exactly that. It is a menace that we do not need.

@OwlInASack We are both ashamed - you are because I want follow the law. I am of you because you want to break the law.. I will go to bed happily with that.

@OwlInASack
Yes just like I watch PBS, CNN, MSNBC, BBC and listen to NPR and BBC. Do you only watch CNN?

@OwlInASack I engaged but I run out interest when someone starts advocating illegal immigration and not following the law.

@OwlInASack You are doing the same thing again. Blame others when you do not follow the law

@OwlInASack If you do not support breaking the law and unlawful immigrants, we do not have any disagreement, do we? Why did you argue all along and waste my time that I could use to criticize Bernie Sanders?

@OwlInASack
I am only saying:

1. All illegal immigrants must be deported back.
  2. It is wrong to enter a country illegally

What is wrong here?

@OwlInASack Now you are against the law?

@OwlInASack So you are for not supporting or breaking the law? That is for supporting illegal activities. The recourse for it is not - supporting others and encouraging them to break the laws. The recourse is challenge the laws in court. We do not come to your house and throw in jails just because you oppose a law or criticize the government like in Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela etc..

@OwlInASack I have been talking to you but you are not reading. Desperate people do not break the law. They try harder in many places through legal ways.

@OwlInASack We disagree big time on the sense of right and wrong. Yours is very different than mine.

@OwlInASack I did some but let us restart tomorrow. I have to be on the road. Did you realize we have hijacked someone else's post? lol

Holy sh*t.
That is intense...Nature is crazy

If those kidnapper ants just found Jebus I'm sure they'd repent. /snark

It's an interesting situation and I wish there were more(especially historical) information. I have to commend the researchers on what they've found out so far and I have questions.

Are they technically parasites to the slave species?
Is there any benefit to the slave ant species? Is it somehow symbiotic?
Is there more than one slave species?

How did the situation evolve into existence?
As far as I know, there are queen ants that are the biological mothers of all the colony ants -- how did they arrive at a sustainable species dependent on slaves for food?

It's starting to sound like a Star Trek episode and I think it's fascinating.

“Very truly, I tell you, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold by the gate but climbs in by another way is a thief and a bandit. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep." - John 10:1-2

There is so much we don't know about other species (and do know but ignore about ours). Another show depicted how a butterfly larva picked up a scent similar to an ant larva. The ants took the larva back to their nests and fed them. At one point the larva took on the scent of a queen ant and get even more attention. This went on until the larva hatched and flew the nest.

@VictoriaNotes I think this is the one: [britannica.com]

Sounds like religion! Churches kidnap children and brainwash them.

That's crazy cool

"Be fruitful and multiply." It didn't say how.

Absolutely fascinating! Thank you for such an intelligent post.

so the red ants are the oligarchs/elites of the world & the black ants are the unfortunate helpless working class.

You mean the black ants are the helpless working class?

@Auty89 , right.

Wow interesting

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 24, 2019

Slavery: What nature intended

Damn bro..

@FatherOfNyx its a joke

I had formica ants on a sink cabinet one time.

Unbelievable and very interesting.I was always interested in insects and just learned something new

Interesting story. Thanks for posting!

Brainwashing or imprinting. Sounds a little bit like how religion and the church works.

Ants are eusocial so it is kind of hard to apply the concept of slavery towards that lifestyle as it is a completely different way of organizing a society
Also would it be slavery to work like this in the home colony of the black ants or is it only slavery in a different geographic location with a different queen but the action is the same? Just not really sure how that is at all slavery.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:406342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.