Agnostic.com

2 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can see this thread is a little old, but I’d like to drop in and say that it's such a controversial and evolving topic, and only time will tell how it all unfolds. Right now, there are various health insurance plans out there, some even offering free or really affordable coverage. Oh, and speaking of health insurance, have you heard about the open enrollment 2024 for health insurance? I think it’s a fantastic opportunity for everyone to explore their options and find a plan that fits them perfectly! It's always good to keep an eye out for these possibilities to ensure we're getting the best coverage.

More and more people are beginning to recognize that universal healthcare will benefit them in every sense. The health insurance industry has more than ample reason to fear that. By the time it is all over, the American health insurance industry will be very small, consisting of a few firms giving only very expensive Cadillac plans for the super=rich who want only the best and are willing to pay for it.

nah, the majority of Americans who have govt funded coverage now, still use a MCO (managed care organization) to manage their benefits and adjudicate their claims. The world that consumers/patients face, won't change much, except hopefull the money part. Eg Medicare via Humana, or Medicaid with BCBS etc... will still be the norm.

The feds don't have the admin backbone in place (and the states def. dont) to run comprehensive coverage. Execs and paper pushers who work for insurance companies will either get govt jobs, or just become govt contractors. A few CEOs and stock holders will be pretty sad, but the change will be seamless or an improvement (federal benefits anyone?) for most people who work in the insurance sector (and hospital billing offices). Health care is about 16% of the GDP, no one is going to let it change that much.

@MarkiusMahamius We will see. I give the American public more credit for intelligence. Further, universal healthcare will still constitute a substantial, but lesser percentage of the economy. But the difference in cost will result in growth in other sectors of the economy, due to the lesser personal expenditures for healthcare..

@wordywalt intelligence has nothing to do with a sustainable healthcare system, and it certainly has nothing to do with corporate america or uch of our federal politics

@MarkiusMahamius Do you realize how dumb and demeaning that sounds?

@MarkiusMahamius I bet you cannot even be bothered to vote.......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:406936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.