Agnostic.com

18 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And this is still celebrated in culture.

Become famous just because your uterus pumps out spawn faster than a feral cat.

Is he the arsehole of The Universal Church Of The Kingdom Of God? If it's the same guy I'm thinking of he has big mansions, helicopters, limos... All tax free and on the expense of the believers. Disgusting fellow if it's the same guy.

ughh fck that... weak minded women to boot... most of my family didn't want my sis and I going to university either, but not to be dumber than future partners, but because they believed universities were a useless scam... in any case we both went despite their opinion... my male parental unit still talks shit about me going to university but fck him I went and graduated cum laude... WTF did he do with his life? :/

Unfortunately there are still some Neanderthals out there wanting all women barefoot and pregnant. No doubt this guy is also a misogynist pro-lifer.....

Wouldn't it be great if his kids married men which are not to his religious approval and then have atheist babies?

or if they married women and did the same

Greedy sociopaths like him are the reason that Brazil is rapidly going down the tube.

I think, wow, just wow. Pretty frightening.

My father did the same thing to my Mother, she was more qualified than he was so he never allowed her to work, as (he said) it would shame him if his wife earned more than he did or held a higher rank than he did.
She being a "good Christian" went along with this and instead devoted herself to the salvation army and then later the Charismatic movement, that is when she was not completely screwing up her kids.

It is not going to help there as education doesn't equate with being smart, he has a lot to learn the tosser.

exactly

That's one of the foibles of the human race. Thou shalt not be better than I. So i will make sure. THis exists almost everywhere. The challenge is to survive it and flourish. Those that do go down in the history books. It is the case in the sciences, the arts, just life.

@linxminx I am so sorry you went through that. Boy! Do I understand. I was born with a special talent for singing. (Eventually, I managed to have a career but not what it could have been) I had an uncle in Hollywood. I got that attitude from my FAMILY. I have students who are gifted and who face this everyday. So i dedicate myself to their futures and it's an uphill fight. So you have my sympathy and I am so glad things are good for you right now. By the way, I know two other very gifted teachers who had this situation.

This guy want his daughters to be happy, and believes that the only way that is possible is if they submit to a man who is smarter and better educated than she is.

Fact checking that base assumption is proving very difficult, because there is conflicting data on the matter, and there seems to be only one person saying otherwise. The author Paul Dolan wrote a book "Happy Every After" that claims married men are happier and married women are unhappy, but critics say there is a fault in the way he interpreted the data, which would indicate that divorced women or whose spouses left them are the saddest.

There are some studies that suggest that money is the #1 cause of divorce with the research showing a strong correlation between lack of economic values ( how much you spend, how well you plan ) and some correlation between earning potential, but only when the woman is earning more than the man. This seems to be because society has an expectation that men are the breadwinners in the relationship, a sexist stereotype that persists even in western cultures

[asanet.org]

Actually it is true that married men are happier and married women are unhappy. I only have to ask my friends who are in relationships. A man without a women is like a bear with furniture.

@Jolanta I would really like to see some hard data on this subject, but the best I can find is the Bureau of labor statistics that don't specifically show any correlations on this subject because it's not what the data was taken for. Also we have to figure out a good way to get over the "how do we know if people are happy" problem, because if its self reported then how do we know that for example, men don't just exaggerate how happy they are? There are so many problems getting this information.

this is an outrage, all women are smarter, as in genetics , which i have been doing for over 40 years , very complicated so in nutshell: XX TRUMPS XY

women have XX
men have XY

sorry but science , proven, we vibrate at higher frequency than males, which is one reason males are able to brutalize us

but this has to stop

men cannot fix it, something about those temporal lobes esp. funny, place where we manage and organize, trying to keep is simple sweethearts, but as men age this turns to fat as women age it grows larger

ergo: men cannot do it, it is impossible for them to do it and this XY proves that to be a fact even without science

studies also so that men fare better if their mates are at least 25% smarter, so XY's missing 25%

ergo: XX TRUMPS XY

AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS AND DO NOT TELL ME NOT TO USE CAPS, WILL IF I WANT TOO!! AS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME HOW TO WRITE, AS I TYPE AND MOST OF YOU HAVE BAD CASE OF THUMBIITIS WHICH IS WHY I RARELY COME HERE ANYMORE!~

did think when first came to this site , finally place to discuss issues and debate, like the Greeks did thousands of years ago but alas, that did not happen and the few that have tried it, see most have left, as i have left, just back today to check and see this

and that all folks!!!

Wow, this is blatantly sexist, going above and beyond the sexism in the above mentioned article.

There are fundamental differences between our genders as a result of humans being a dimorphic species. We evolved to be able to use those unique intelligence's as a core advantage to survival as a hunter gatherer species. The neurological difference between men and women is subtle.

"[That previous study] finds no average difference in intelligence, but males were more variable than females,”

All the rhetoric that one gender is better makes a mockery of the egalitarian principles that have lead to the development of the free world.

"studies also so that men fare better if their mates are at least 25% smarter, so XY's missing 25%"
A link to those "studies" please.

Yes there are differences, but the average in all behaviors are so close and the standard distribution so large that is impossible to pinpoint it to the individual or treat the sex/gender in a different way...

@Happy_Killbot you are in need of some reading and research, is it genetics, is is proven,so go take leep

you are so afraid of women,

so write third person,

this song is not about you personally but really your XY does show thru

read and learn, as i do not give a fuck what you think

men, really, read and learn and do not make any comments to me, this song is not about you persoanly but a typical male response

so go away, your comment is so ignorant and i suggest you just not read my post,

as if anybody on this site, gives a merd what you are anyone else thinks personally,

write in third person if you know what that is

do not read or follow me, go away, as IDGF what you think personally

go away , read and learn, sorry if this affected your XY thing, mr. johnson

@aahouck49 What makes you assume I'm male?

@aahouck49 I don't know who hurt you, and I probably never will. But taking it out on more than half the human population isn't going to get you anywhere. Such rampant tribal ideas can only possibly have been a net loss for you, there is no saying just how many bridges you have intentionally burned or how many doors you closed.

It's not healthy to think and live like that.

[psyc.jmu.edu]

Unfortunately, it's not just men and ministers who think that. My niece, a JW, has two kids and she once told us that college is out for her kids (unless it is for a particular career) especially her daughter. My sister has no higher education and passed on the JW to her daughter. All the boys(4) and one sister have college degrees but the 2 other girls have no college (and all but this 1 sister are atheists).

That kind of sounds like she's talking about the horrors of educational debt, which is a totally different issue altogether. Mathematically speaking, there are current degrees that do not result in a return on investment for decades or even entire lifetimes. This is predominantly because of a lack of available jobs, high interest, and the federalization of all student loans.

@Happy_Killbot Sounds like to some but I know my sister and we talked to my niece and her daughter. No; it is not about money but the belief that a woman's places is in the home and a education would be a waste. These people live in their own little world.

So "proud" of my country

What an unmitigated asshole.

Twatwaffle

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2019

He himself is displaying the I.Q. of a gnat! This makes me incandescent...how f***ing dare he, the completely misogynistic, nut-job, bastard!

Blatant sexism like this continues to hold back our civilization.

Just like the continuing belief in religion. The two go hand-in-hand.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408278
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.