Agnostic.com

9 2

Women's advice to men about dating site profiles:
[zoosk.com]

okiestache 6 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I dislike women who's first shot is with their daughter(s). I'd really like to be able to know whom I'm supposed to be looking at.

For peets sake - SMILE -- nothing turns another person off more than seeing a pict. of a frowning face - or hyper serious - or looking like they are ready to cry.

Dating is supposed to be fun! -- yeah I know, we have to shower and get out of our sweat gear - but ... come on try a little! Guess what - you will be rejected by many that you think are a perfect match - go figure.

Oh, and take care with the background in your selfies -- no unsorted piles of laundry, mountains of junk on the table .... the background tells a story about you as much as whether or not you combed your hair!

There is a fine whine as to whether a little cheesecake is suitable -- if one has a slender and toned bod -- why not post a swim suit pict, or yoga gear/pose pict.? ditto for Mr Sixpack -- if you got it flaunt it!!

One more thing on my pet peeve list -- "trustworhy, honest and dependable" -- hey I'm not interviewing for a puppy position in the house!!

f

The ones that really make me laugh are the headless men. They do not want it out there that they are on a date site so they are a headless torso with legs. Too funny.

I had an acount there years back via facebook, no value in it whatsoever was my impression.

Do these 33 rules but be yourself? I did like the one of not cropping your ex out of the photo, and accidentally leaving her hand in the photo🙂

I think my advice to men is if a woman politely expresses that she doesn't believe you are well matched, move on. I hear all the time from men who are irritated that women don't respond to their inquiries; however, when we try to be polite and do respond, it often escalates the aggression to the point of threats and profanity. A couple times, things have gotten downright scary for me. No one on here is entitled to a date with anyone, regardless of the response.

I know when I send a man an inquiry and receive no response or a one-word response that is clearly cutting off the conversation, I move on. He's clearly not interested, and that's fine, because if he's not interested, it's not going to work anyway.

Thank you for recognizing that the risks of a "no" are sometimes different for women. There are some people out there, men and women alike, who feel that if two people are single and looking, then that is enough to pair you together. My analogy is that some people just need to have salt next to their pepper. It doesn't matter if it's seasoning salt, garlic salt, sea salt, just so that it's salt. And it's standing next to the pepper, 'til death do you part! In such a mindset, a "no" is illogical. It's good to remember we are all motivated by what we understand relationships to be and the fact that we're not always looking for exactly the same thing.

I forgot I had an account there. It seemed like it was for young people years ago when I checked it out

I looked at Zoosk for about two weeks and bailed. What a weird experience.

@Akfishlady looked at that one too and ran for the hills!

Women do the same thing. I always see it.

I briefly belonged to Zoosk for three months. Made some friends - went on a couple of dates locally- the best of all the ones - less scammers. I suppose guys might get something out of this. I think our male members are highly intelligent and probably know already.

Really Rob?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.