Agnostic.com

8 4

Depression

Ever have one of those days where you feel gloomy for no real reason?

Auty89 6 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are two possible directions it could be coming from; brain chemistry, or frame of mind. If the source is brain chemistry, likely a doctor is in order; if it is frame of mind, a psychologist . . . .

Sometimes it's frame of mind, but a lot of it usually seems to be just brain chemistry. I do get treated for it, and it's gotten better for the most part, but once in a while I have bad moments/days.

SOP: At least consider trying CBD; full spectrum is also advised.

The change in seasons is maybe one reason....less sunlight, shorter daytime hours, more darkness. My daughter uses one of those 'happy lamps' (I forgot the technical name....) and it seems to work well for her.

Interesting. Well, it's officially fall but it's still pretty hot here in SC.

@Auty89 Oh, then it probably isn't seasonal afterall. Just an idea. Hope you have a better day tomorrow! Here in Wisconsin it's been rain, rain, and more rain.

Yep. Most of the time it goes away. If it doesn't, then talk to somebody.

If it persists see a doctor. I've struggled with depression for most of my life

I have. I maintain it well for the most part these days, but there's sometimes it just creeps up on me. I take meds and go to therapy. I've had it a good part of my life, too.

Yes of course. And I have had depression too.

Yes

Yes, but there is a great difference between feeling a bit gloomy and depression. Likewise, I have sometimes woken feeling angry or happy - like today!
It's just part of being you.

Well, I definitely do have depression. I experience symptoms fairly often (less with medication and therapy though). I've cut myself a few times, and have had suicidal thoughts. I also have anxiety, which tends to be worse. Sometimes I will have nervous breakdowns for no apparent reason.

@Auty89 Just wondering, could it be a deficiency in some vitamin or mineral? I don't want to sound psuedo-scientific and I don't have real depression, but I take B vitamins.

@Auty89 It is a shame that in the USA you have not got universal healthcare free at the point of need paid for using central taxation enablling all to recieve equal care. With that you could get healthcare which would provide you the support and medications for the rest of your life.
And that reminds me - I've got Prosac to order for myself.
There are some Cognitive Behavioural Therapies that you could try and employ and as Bibleskeptic has said, try some diet changes.

@Sofabeast, well, I did just get benefits with my new job. So I have that going for me.

@Biblebeltskeptic, ya know, I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that. Maybe I'll ask my therapist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:409217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.