Agnostic.com

16 3

Does anybody else get super annoyed when you’re out going for a nice walk and every time you pass houses, dogs bark?

I get the animals are just doing what they need to do to alarm their owners, but it’s seriously annoying, especially when you’re not even thinking about the other party and you’re strictly out to enjoy the weather and go for a nice walk. That’s one thing I like about cats is you can walk past them all day and most of them will mind their business.

EmeraldJewel 7 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes... yes... yes... so terribly annoying!!

A little scared shitless dog at the apartment complex next to me barks at me all the time. I'm sure he just thinks he is doing his job but he is annoying. I talk to the little bastard and he acts more afraid. It seems that he is just like those neighbors and thinks my land is his, but to a dog that is normal.

You walk toward a house and a dog barks ... then you walk away. From a dogs point of view it has successfully defended pack territory from a threat (you).
Every time it happens reinforces the dogs' behaviour.
I, as you walk by the house you give a single word command (that is a voice tone and texture thing ... not shouting) the dog a simple NO!!o, or ENOUGH!!! you will often stop the dog barking ... if it recognises you as dominant

I praise my dog when barking at something outside the house, he quiets down after that confident he has successfully protected the pack from harm. That's his job, that's what he does.

@PickledRick mine too but when i say renough she sits and quietly watches

No

I can't stand barking dogs.

Do you like non-barking dogs?

@MarkiusMahamius

I grew up with two Labrador Retrievers that each won the Michigan State Dog Obedience Championship twice. My mother trained them. So, I have high standards for dog behavior.

That said, I have been attacked and injured by eight unleashed dogs while hiking and snowshoeing. None of the owners controlled their dogs or apologized. It took six months for my knee ligament to heal after one dog attack.

Now I understandably feel terrified of strange dogs.

@MarkiusMahamius Non-barking dogs? Yes!!

I get pissed off by people walking by and upsetting my dogs . I love it when they howl and they get all the neighborhood dogs howling .

I do not hear what I choose to ignore. Why would you let something nobody has any control over spoil Your time?

You're a cat lover, explains everything.

Im sure someone(s) here agrees with you, but i go for walks because i like dogs, people watching, even kids (as long as they stay far away from me and don't make too many high pitched noises).

Btw the dogs just want you to go away. Cats are quiet but they want to KILL you. Dont be fooled.

@MarkiusMahamius Cats scare me, they're sneaky.

Well if they didn't sense all the evil in you they wouldn't bark at you. Don't blame them for being creatures of good. 😉

1of5 Level 8 Oct 5, 2019

Lmfao your sense of humor is hilarious!

Aha!!! Now I know why they are so annoying!!!

Imagine how annoying you are to the dogs. I mean, they were probably conked out enjoying the sunshine when their super-sensitive hearing and olfactory senses are alerted to an intruder. That forces them to get up because barking from a prone position is not done by real dogs. Then they have to stand there barking until it becomes apparent to them that you're not coming back right away. Where's your empathy, woman?

My dogs save us from 1 axe murderer a day, minimum. At least according to them.

In the gutter.

Imagine how annoying I could be them? That’s easy. As annoying as it is when I smell the smell of dog shit. Hahaha!

Yah! Like, totally, super mad at barking dogs.

Very strange post

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.