Agnostic.com

32 5

Do you feel that religion robs people of living life to the fullest?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that “life” robs people from living to the fullest. Disease, poverty, natural disaster, incidentals, lack of access, loss of loved ones, aging and the toll it takes on the body... Life is rough for most of us. I think religion is an attempt to find relief (or at least a reason) for suffering. It’s devastating to humanity, but all it does is magnify problems that already exist in human nature.

Hell yes!!!

Yes, it limits you in many ways.

From my own experience, when people lose the ability to have an open mind, it greatly hinders their life and the lives of those around them. If religion didn't exist, the same "rules" about being a good person would still exist. Otherwise, humanity would fail.

Of course it does, most religious folks or believers fell that if not in this life, it will be better in the next. It almost makes the here and now irrelevant which means it's not important. So hoiw could you live life to the fullest if you believe it to be simply a me and to an end. Or rather a beginning?...

It depemds largely on whether they see their religion provding "gloort" or "Ceiling: values. A p[erson who see his or her religion as providing floor values, see their religgion as provding a base from which to gor. Those who see their religion as providing ceiling values,see it as giving absolute limits -- the "thou shalt not" focus. Thsat view is stulifying.

Robs people of everything. I like the book 'The God virus' when it talks about religious effects.

Whoa! I’ll have to check that one out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41284
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.