Agnostic.com

14 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Excellent

Yes.

bravo!

Yes.

Buried. He's dead.
Laid to rest implies he's awaiting a sandwich and beer when he gets back up.

Lol.

appologies if i have offended anyone,

There is no doubt that Steven Hawking became something of a cult figure amongst non-physicists. To the best of my knowledge he was a theoretical physicist and as such did not make any discoveries or tangible contributions to physics such as Rutherford, Marie Curie and others from which we can benefit on a practical level.

I am not surprised at the reaction on here to TheMiddleWay's post. It would seem that there are people on here and elsewhere who believe in science with the same degree of credulity as those who follow various religions.

you fucking hoprocrits

Huh?

@Sarahroo29 If I had to guess, @magicwatch is displeased with the juxtaposition of an active church (cathedral) accepting the body of a nonbeliever. Westminster Abbey may hold the remains of many of Great Britain's finest minds--I urge you to go there, if you've never been (Poet's Corner is the ultimate Hall of Fame)--but it is, after all, an active house of worship for the Church of England, with a Dean, The Very Reverend Dr. John Hall. Then again, I could be all wet and @magicwatch was angry about something else?

@pnullifidian Oh, okay.

and so he should. He will forever be imortalized in the field of science and astronomy.

Yes.

I particularly like the inscription on his tombstone:

"He also declared back in 2002 that he wanted his most famous equation, describing the entropy of a black hole engraved on his tombstone."

Me too.

Hope it was his decision to be buried there. Was it in his will I wonder?

Idk. They decided it. To be with great scientists.

Bury me anywhere I'll be dead and I really don't care. I'll be no more. Sprinkle me over that whatever, I don't mind. Just make sure I'm dead first please.
I doubt Stephen cares because he is dead.

Hmmm, I visited Westminster Abby in 92 and as I recall they buried Darwin standing up as not to give much floor space to an Atheist, he has a tile on the floor pointed out to us by our tour guide. It will be interesting to see the logistics. His passing is a great loss to humanity.

I might go buy one of his books.

like most cool guys who have an opinion in this life and are heard...its not all about you but the differences you made in everyones opinion...if we did not have opinion and debate we would have nothing but head nodders...love division and debate...the best of times...Mr Hawkings was a great thinker..but loved debate and challenge, but for the great debaters..he reserved the opinion of calling them a total fanny...thank you...lol

You're welcome.

I've been to Westminster Abbey. Religious connotations aside, I think it's a fitting place for his ashes to be interred.
Thanks for sharing this!!!

You're welcome.

Fitting

Yes.

If I were in charge I would place him into the mausoleum on Red Square instead of Lenin 🙂

Jagga Level 4 Mar 22, 2018

That would be cool.

???

@kmdskit3 Do not worry, I am not in charge 🙂

Except that thats not Lenins body. Lenin had jaundice, thats a wax dummy.

@273kelvin I don't think that a wax dummy needs that much maintenance that occurs, but let it be a wax dummy if you insist.

@Scotttheshot Of course yes! It might also become a good scarecrow. I am not in charge though 🙂

Have them split the ashes. Anyone that has worked in a crematorium knows that ashes are ashes. You don't really know whose ashes you get. Years ago I sold temperature devices to a local FANCY place. Ashes are ashes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.