Agnostic.com

48 9

What's the largest obstacle that holds you back from being the person you want to be?

Mea 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I lack more money than I need, I can't help others as I want to. I know you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it, I would like to improve the living conditions of people who need help through no fault of their own.

there isn't one

Myself. As an example I want to write a book but as much studying with how-to books and voracious reading I realized I was putting off the writing. The idea stays in my head. But in the past week I’ve realized if I do finish a piece it would expose who I am and that scares the shit out of me. I could make a fool out of myself. I’m always questioning myself.

Reality

Money is the Largest Obstacle Beacuse I feel guilty not being able to help people in my life that need me and need my help

If I find out what exactly that would be, I'll give it a try. Right now everything is being handled on a case by case basis.

Money, steady income.

I want to he Batman...so The batmobile, batcave, batcopter. Utility belt and of course Robin......lol
Then I will be needing some arch enemies!!!

Dissociation and confusion of my general identity. I’d say now tho is letting go of my expectations of myself and my life I feel happier in the moment

Money.

Not being mature enough to overcome my bad habits.

Myself, of course.

Money. I don't need a lot, just more than what I have. Scaping by here.

My son not being able to be here anymore, and my having to be.

Me.

The person that people think I am, and the fear of shattering that illusion.

Within myself, there's my ADD, which makes it difficult for me to see projects through to completion. In the world, there's a lack of resonance due (I believe) to generally lower intelligence, which makes it difficult for me to find an audience for my art.

Lack of support, family , professional of that sort.

Men. I have a bad habit of putting their needs above mine, but getting divorced and working on myself (with the help of my amazing therapist) has helped me remember who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty thrilled that I can see and acknowledge red flags these days, and I can honestly say that I have the self-confidence to walk away when it's warranted.

Also, time. I have a love-hate relationship with my schedule, and while it keeps me financially stable, it's hard to reconcile that with my need for down time, social time, volunteer time, etc.

What's holding me back? Me getting on the way of myself.

Me getting in the way of myself.

My choices

Hahahahaha!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.