Agnostic.com

48 9

What's the largest obstacle that holds you back from being the person you want to be?

Mea 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mental health, I set myself on track for quite a difficult career and it turned out that due to childhood trauma I just couldn't handle the stress long term. A shame really, I was good at what I did until I had my first break down 😟

Aww, I'm so sorry! It's good to hear that you put your emotional state over the job, even though I'm sure it was a tough decision.

Thank you, yes it was tough, but better than being sick.

An overactive brain and anxiety. If I had the recources or ability to hone or control it, I'd probably be crushing life right now.

@silvereyes I’m trying 🙂. My solace is that I’ve already improved so much.

Money. I need 15,946.327.58 Approx.

what if you had 15,946,327?

@btroje It would be okay. I'd borrow the rest.

The person I love most in the world

miffy Level 5 Mar 22, 2018

Intriguing dilemma.

@Mea yes, and it’s hard

I don't think there is any obstacle other than what is between my ears. Mindset plays a large role in this and there are ways to modify mindset.

yes anxiety for me

Since I would like to be a full-time world traveler, I would say the biggest obstacle is money. 🙂

Narcolepsy. Also childhood abuse.

Fighting daily with that myself. Keep your chin up and remember, it's not your fault.

The idea that I'm not worthwhile and will never be enough for anyone, so everyone will always leave. It holds me back from even trying to make friends, date, anything really.

You are worthwhile, just be enough for you right now. The rest will come later.

Oops! Posted twice saying the same thing . Sorru

It's fine! Lol.

Money is certainly a factor, but I know exactly what holds me back, like so many others have said here - it's myself, and if I could tackle certain aspects of my personality, the lack of money wouldn't be as much of an issue. I have a fear of success and the responsibilities that come with it, I'm a procrastinator, I'm lazy (I'd rather spend my time binging on netflix or other guilty pleasures than be productive most of the time), and right now, my physical health is an issue. So...fix me, and I'm golden.

Interesting. Let's get together

Myself. I have OCD and it does interfere with every day life. Having said that, I am learning to manage it and, with some luck and determination, I should be able to overcome it and move forward in life. It isn't debilitating, but it does slow things down considerably.

I'm really good with who I am.
Although, lack of money is the obstacle that holds me back from doing what I would rather be doing.

With every day and every experience in my life, I am deciding what kind of person I will be..

Not knowing the person I want to be. I have no idea.

Hmmmm, probably about 5 million dollars. Just kidding. I am exactly who I want to be, and having a limited imagination, I cannot imagine being anyone else. So, there you go...

TIME!! This puzzle that is my life is only half finished. I would like to write a novel of some sort, I would LOVE to go on an expedition to Antarctica, I would like to run with the bulls once more....TIME!!

at 45, I can say I am the person I want to be at this point in my life. Now, doing the things I want to do is another story.

Perfect health. The most important thing in life.

The ability to travel faster than the speed of light. Other than that and having unlimited wealth. I can do anything within reason.

Me. Namely my self-confidence (or lack thereof, more accurately).

Tough question. I don't have an answer as I can not imagine being someone else. I am generally comfortable with who I am and realize the smallest tweaking of a personality/intelligence/etc. trait would likely produce a cascade of other characteristic changes with unforeseen consequences.

My mental health problems, lack of money, lack of transportation, and unstable living arrangements.

53 and content, Mea.

A few million dollars. I'm pretty much who I want to be, I just can't do all the things I want to do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.