Agnostic.com

15 9

It's not okay to criticize someone's body. My middle finger is twitching.

"You look gaunt," he said. "Your breasts are smaller."

This from an overweight man whom I friend-zoned after being lovers in the past. He's a boring, lazy lover. Lately he's been angling to be lovers again. No, thank you.

His criticism of my body was hurtful. When I told him I felt hurt, he called me insecure.

Oh, for heaven's sake! All my life, people have criticized me for being too thin. I am beyond sick of it.

Women's and girl's bodies are constantly scrutinized, criticized, evaluated, objectified and rated by guys on a 1-10 scale based on our sexual appeal in their eyes. We are all sick of it.

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if he was negging you to try and undermine your confidence... I do not know him, so maybe he is incapable of negging.... but it's a dck thing for him to say... definitely not a way to get back into a woman's bed by insulting her! This strikes me as the verbal equivalent of a little boy pulling a girl's hair because he likes her.

For those that do not know: [healthline.com]

Not all men are like this...

Every woman I see is at least a nine, most a ten. I try not to judge but if one is going to one has to have standards. Actually, I do not think this way, I see beauty every where I look. Just the way it is.

I have been thinking about this statement and would like to add that if one is going to judge someone one first has to live in their shoes for a significant period of time. Most people are doing the best they can with what they have available to them. Remember that if one is going to judge people on their IQ there are the same number of people above and below the center line.

men can do that,,sorry he did it to you

Actually I am sick of seeing un healthy people all around me. And then they don't hesitate to criticize me for what I eat, my knowledge of food/ nutrition, my restraint from living on garbage like a pig in a pen.
You've recognized that body shaming is being reversed.

I'm also not real cool with higher insurance premiums and medical expenses due to people who don't take care of themselves.

Sounds like your ex ended up where most Americans do. It seems like a one way non adventure to being unhealthy for the majority.

twill Level 7 Oct 24, 2019

@twill

Every year, his big belly gets larger. He gets fatter and more out of shape.

@LiterateHiker He is turning it against others.........is that denial?

I didnt grow with friends, or really anybody, that rated bodies. It would be considered wierd and wholly unexpected way to think of a human being. I do find that it is uniquely an American way of thinking.

But that "thinking" is being transferred, especially in India, where young men and women are being hired for very low wages to write massive amounts of junk articles targerted towards western audiences just for the google ad revenue, and there is a wierd cultural osmosis happening there, especially in the way they talk and express themselves and you see how using idiom from a different culture affect their thinking and behavior. It's....interesting. 🙂

And that's all I have to say about that

@moosepucky

Spot-on and hilarious. Thank you for posting these cartoons.

FWIW, lean is not gaunt. It is fit, an all-too-uncommon state for too many American's.

Comments on physical appearance are not the way to restart a relationship. He is a moron and probably feeling badly that you don't want to rekindle it with him. And yes, being objectified is uncomfortable and annoying. Sometimes I feel like saying Really, that's all you got? Get a better approach, read a book or the paper and think of something else to say to me.

No it is not okay. Let that finger fly.

Let me guess, he insulted you once it became obvious he wasn't going to get his leg over. The emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

I've been criticized for my body recently, and I find it refreshing. It's been eye-opening to discover that some people actually care. I have the feeling that I deserved to be criticized for a long time, but since I'm perceived as a non-sexual person nobody bothered. Now I have a long road to travel back to a place where someone might value me as sensual being.

It's petty and mean-spirited to judge a person by their looks. Usually the people doing it are insecure about their own.

First there is nothing wrong with your figure it's beautiful, second criticizing how people look is viscous and mean spirited, third I don't rate women like that pretty or not so much the person behind the figure means so much more . Like I should say much about someone's physique ,I gained weight from several problems including a healing back once I am better I can look better

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 24, 2019

@Bobwjr

Thank you.

@LiterateHiker you are welcome and what I said is true

yes.. I am sick of it... I wish those men would look in the mirror.. and judge themselves... i'M NOT HERE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT LOL......

No you are not

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.