Agnostic.com

12 5

A hunter was gored by the deer he thought he shot and killed

He got his just deserts.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This story was widely reported over here and although it is sad for anyone to die in such circumstances I'm sure there are a few animal rightists cheering for the deer.
What gets me is why was the hunter using a muzzle loading rifle.?. If a second shot is required to dispatch an animal it would take ages to reload and fire. There will probably be some gun lovers who will support it's use but if you go hunting use a modern hunting rifle not a museum piece.

Self defence is legal is it not,i guess that memo has transcribed to the animal Kingdom ,being we are just animals are selves ,deer had every justification to do it

Cheering for the deer! 🙂

Bambi'e revenge.

I can’t get too upset at the thought of the hunter having the tables turned on him, but am more concerned for the poor wooded deer. Why does man think he has the right to hunt and shoot anything that moves? I am not one of the “animal” lobby and do eat meat, but only meat that has been raised to be part of the food chain and has been killed humanely. Hunting and killing wild animals for fun is called “blood sports”, that name says it al!

@Sealybobo I would thank you not to be so rude as to tell me that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Just because I do not agree with your view that hunters have the inalienable right to shoot wild animals for sport...even when thinly disguised as doing it to benefit the rest of us. If you get enjoyment out of hunting and killing, as I suspect most hunters do, then it’s done for gratification and not necessity. As opposed to those farmers who raise cattle for meat, and where here in the U.K. there are very strict humane regulations regarding animal husbandry and abattoirs.

Complacency kills. Reminds me of the old joke though...

The Matador's Special

A man on a business trip in Spain decides to take in a bull fight. After the event, he stops in to the little restaurant next to the venue called "The Matador". As he checks out the menu trying to decide what he wants, he sees a waiter bring a dish to another customer.

The other customer starts eating what appear to be two large meatballs with great gusto. When the waiter comes to his table, the man asks about the dish. "Oh Senor, that is the Matador Special," replies the waiter in broken English, "Our very best dish! Fresh vegetables, beans and zee cojones from zee bull. We get the cojones immediately after the bull fight. Exquisito!"

"Okay, that's what I'll have," says the businessman.

"But I am very sorry Senor, but that dish is only available once per day."

Disappointed, the man chooses another dish and plans to order the Matador Special the next day.

The next day the man goes to the bull fight again, and afterwards stops into the restaurant. Just as the waiter is coming to his table, he sees another waiter bringing the Matador Special to a customer who got there before him. "Damn!" he says to himself. "And tomorrow's my last day here."

So the next day, he skips the bull fight, and arrives at the restaurant early. He is the first one seated, and proudly proclaims, "I'll have the Matador Special!"

"An excellent choice, Senor!" responds the waiter. Soon afterwards, the waiter brings out his dish, but the meat balls are disappointingly small, and taste rather foul.

"What's with this," the now angry man shouts, "I thought this was your premier dish!"

"I'm very sorry, Senor," said the waiter, "But you see, sometimes zee bull, he wins."

Jimbo Kern finally met his match.

It's "just deserts" not "just desserts." 🙂

@Druvius

You are right. It's "deserts," as in "deserved."

Thanks.

It is sad that someone had to die even when doing an activity I don't like.

I hope the deer only had a flesh wound and survived - you should never take the shot unless sure it will kill ... the hunter gets an honorary note in the Darwin awards (hope his death was slow and painful ... just to demonstrate there is a little justice in the world)

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 25, 2019

If one is going to hunt for wild creatures one has to know what they are doing. Hunting is not easy and people get killed all the time, mostly by other dumber hunters. No disrespect meant to those who know what they are doing and need the food.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:417989
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.