Agnostic.com

13 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WTF

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 20, 2019

I smell bull shit on this one. I can only find mention of this alleged meeting on right wing sites like breitbart. If she had done such a thing, it would be all over the media, they are looking for any way possible to damage her.

Gabbard's criticism of the democratic establishments warmongering does not make her right wing, it makes her a patriot. Running for president on the platform of peace does not make her a Russian. Clinton's smear calling her a "favorite of the Russians" has only helped her campaign because it is becoming very obvious that the establishment democrats resort to blaming Russia for all of their own flaws.

They hate her because she stuck up for Sanders in 2016 and resigned from the DNC. She attracts broad support because of her service to the country and her consistent integrity. She is a great candidate.

A very reasonable WOMAN ::::: One of the only "democrats" with a real understanding of what should happen next.

More smears and bullshit. Sad for all those who have only been reacting to the crap.

How is getting money from anti-trumpers bad?

Time to buy a vowel.

I was mostly impressed with Tulsi Gabbard's performance in the debates. That said, if she is a Putin asset as Hillary infers, she would only be one of many. Seeing Trump's behavior regarding Russia, and the numerous connections revealed in the Mueller Report, it's pretty clear that government politicians have been severely infiltrated or fully co-opted by Putin. The real question is whether the GOP has the spine to care about the traitors in their ranks, and same for the Dems. If no, basically, Putin has won without firing a shot. What shall we do when we have an authentic Red Scare?

In the meantime, if Gabbard has a Kremlin connection, it should be exposed, made clear and probably investigated further.

She doesn't need to have a Kremlin connection to be useful to Putin.

Wacky far right-wingers will claim she's a centrist while (because?) she parrots GOP talking points and defends Putin.

Which talking points has she repeated and how did she defend Putin?

This piece lays out the talking points and praise of Putin.

[latimes.com]

Great for her. Another example of the left-polers spreading shit about one of the most reasonable in the lot.

Tulsi is a centrist. She wants to stop war. That is why she is being attacked. No money in NO war.

And most people in all businesses are centrists. They want balance. Don't you?

Being attacked by clinton with bullshit, and being pushed out by google, and the DNC, it is reasonable that she has requested help from those who ALSO oppose trump.

In the coming contest, which is going to go farther a few people with a lot of money or a lot of people with very little money and you did not possess the latter.

she's awful and needs to go back in her hole. yes, I know that sounds crude, but she's akin to 45 and taking from his playbook.

Another one bites the dust

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 26, 2019

I figured she would run as a third party candidate, as Hilary Clinton hinted, to spoil chances of the eventual democratic nominee, since Tulsi has only been playing a democrat for a few years, her heart is republican. Failing that, after getting name recognition, perhaps she has a goal to get a cabinet position.

From my perspective, she stands for divisiveness in Hawaii, and is anti-American. For one example, she supports the Hawaii Sovereignty activists who want Hawaii to secede from the U.S. This weakens the state she was elected to represent! Hawaii needs unity not divisiveness. (Russian influence in the secession movement is well documented.)

She pretends to be an ambassador of aloha, but is the opposite in my view. She pretends to be for peace, but she creates chaos. She is not running for re-election here in Hawaii because she would not win. We need a unifier, not someone only looking out to make a name for herself.

I don't trust her. If the wall street crowd loves her you have to wonder what she promised these fat cats....

Something very odd is happening with her...

What she is doing and will manage as an outcome, is to likely get the nomination and if failing to do so, implode the corrupt party after the greatest political defeat since the end of the Confederacy.

I'm interested in your thoughts...want to say more about that?

@LucyLoohoo Will begin with something intangible but so-far extremely accurate. That would be my instincts, particularly as a non-affiliated person who doesn't 'identify' with any category. It happened with Bill Clinton, with Barack Obama, with Trump and now with Gabbard. A strong gut resonance when seeing and hearing combined with good gut sense in the 'related' masses. Gabbard is unshakably strong, charismatic and focused. People, when they recognize it, respond to it.

There is a much deeper split on the Left than those who presume to be 'in charge' are allowing out or acknowledging via dominant information media. The Leftward listing party base has become vehemently anti-DNC establishment and ridicules the sham 'investigations' and other attempts to thwart the election outcome. THEY, weren't part of the corruption; being true idealistically progressive kept them relatively separate (independent) from that. If anything, most of them having been supporters of Sanders in the 2016 primary, are still smarting and angry from it.

Well along comes Tulsi Gabbard; a woman who demonstrated dedication to fairness while still remaining 'party loyal', by resigning her position on the corrupt DNC, out of personal integrity and sympathy for the victim of that corruption: Sen. Bernie Sanders.

What has Sen. Sanders done for her in return? (knowing his story and being from Chicago has made it no surprise) He 'kills Gabbard with faint praise'; the only kind that, given his position, he's permitted to offer her. Since his bandaged head and 'come to Jesus' experience before the last election, I believe (much despised for it incidentally) him to be a decoy candidate who will do an encore performance. Another way of putting it is, a Judas Goat who will lead a merry parade until a time when the last DNC train is about to leave the station. He'll either show-up at the boxcars again with his following or, if his nomination happens, will find a serious personal reason to have to drop out...

Hillary Clinton's seething hatreds and diminishing judgment resulted in a grievous error and huge gift to
Rep. Gabbard. Money almost couldn't buy the reverse psychology style endorsement with which she was gifted. Gabbard's gloves instantly went off, she spit on her hands and grabbed the spotlight to advantage. Now she is being SEEN and scrutinized broadly by not only the far-Left progressive base and remaining sane America loving Democrat base; her anti-Establishment, Hillary devastating, 'both feet on the ground' demeanor and charisma is also being noticed by the middle (that would include me) and many on the Right who view the president as also fiercely anti-establishment and admire it.

There are months ahead and Gabbard has only been a major topic for about a week. I see her as another politician who resonates with a strong pulse among the electorate; who voices the indignant sentiments about corporatist, globalist, elitist and media control of an erstwhile self-governing nation of, by and for the population; people spanning both ends of the political spectrum who feel like chicks who rightfully belong sharing a nest having been displaced by a huge cuckoo chick. We might all differ ideologically on what happens in that nest, but it is OUR NEST in which to work out those differences.

I believe she intends to either win the nomination in spite of the establishment, or (something else for which I can be despised) to await - since she isn't going to be in Congress anymore - the implosion and spend the next four years martialing support for a new, rebuilt Democratic party or a politically viable alternative. My gut feels the same about her as it did early-on with Bill Clinton, Obama and Trump. Right or wrong; time will shortly reveal.

So, see? One must 'be careful what you ask for'.

@Silver1wun
Interesting take. It's all over Reddit that's she's a Russian asset (thanks Hilldawg), so that will likely undermine her. If she keeps going on Fox, then the moderate Dems and the left will drop her like a used prophylactic

@dokala I hope for her sake and Democrats' sakes that they don't allow themselves to continue being 'herded' like timorous cattle with these neo-McCarthy accusations and what is tantamount to McCarthy era 'black listing'. So many Democrats who love this country and only have 'differences' about how life should be here, within our system, are the ones to suffer the most frustration. Personally, I voted for, and at this point will again vote for Trump.

Politics is soooo NOT about personality and NOT a beauty contest. It is about history, events, how events will be handled, whether or not stated promises and policies will be followed and the future. Allowing it to be about personalities and personal attacks for mostly fictional attributes is juvenile. I could support in an election a candidate like Gabbard, depending on who she might choose for a running mate and what policies they would implement; especially with regard to voter identity and plans, if any, for bureaucracy and the 'swamp'; which DOES VERY MUCH EXIST.

@Silver1wun Thanks for the explanation, Silver.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418444
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.