Agnostic.com

12 8

LINK “Religious refusals” are leaving rural patients without health care options - Vox

Such a dangerous road we are going down in this county. In some areas there are no other health care providers.

GreatNani 8 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My healthcare is not affected by catholic religious issues with eomens health or LGBT issues, but i try not to give religious institutions my money if possible.

This is specifically why people would not be allowed to refuse services or treatments based on religious views. If a person is hired to do a job, they should either do their job or be let go. If their religion says they can't do the job, then they are unsuitable for the job.

religion is the first and longest lasting weaon of mass destruction.

It can be. I look at religion as a paradox, it has fostered unspeakable horror and incredible beauty. The horror has almost always been when it has had secular power.

@GreatNani i look at it as a way of keeping humans hating each other and utter bullshit.

@LeighShelton I try to remember the beauty of it if possible. I love the art, the music and the architecture of the religious world. It does help that I grew up with no religion at all and have no real issues about it personally.

@GreatNani i love all the things you talk about but humans could have built these buildings anyway. id love to convert an old English church into a house and use the grave stones for water feactures and paths etc. i love the art too but religion itself not at all.

@LeighShelton But would humans have built those things, created that art, music etc without this overwhelming awe they felt about god etc.? I don't know it they would have. I also no, since I grew up with no religion, I have no strong negative connotations about churches etc. They don't bring up bad feelings for me.

@GreatNani i don't know but beautiful buildings exist that arnt religious and churches are just buildings

@LeighShelton true. But cathedrals and places like Angkor Wat were built for god so to speak. I can appreciate them without worrying about the god stuff.

@GreatNani yes there amazing xx

thats utter bullshit

Religion and medicine is a bad mix

like matches and dinamite

Bon Secures hospitals in my area , ,,, they are a joke .
13 yrs ago I did some moonlighting on their ER through agency / contract . Hard core catholic establishment , they will rather waste 15 precious minutes to pray every change of shift , instead of giving a good handover report and receiving one .
15 mnt it might sound nothing to anyone that does not live in ER. A lot things can happen in 15 minutes during a trauma code or to anyone who walks in w chest pain and soon enough collapses infront of your eyes . At their hospitals , nurses and doctors were to be away from the stations for mandatory blessings 3 x a day .
I refused . As a contractor , I had the power to do so and couldn't care less . I can't imagine working for these idiots . Ever .

Been there aggravating

This gender fluid business can be very confusing. I thought I had missread "HE had his hysterectomy operation cancelled"
I read recently about a "celebrity" called Caitlyn Jenner who has been signed for the TV show. "I'm a celebrity get me out of here". The article wen to the say that "she" had several children by different women. At that point I got a bit confused but it turns out that "she" was once a man and had decided to change sex and become a woman.

Yes it can be confusing. But mostly because what has historically been hidden is not being made public so so we have to learn the terminology.

All of this is deeply disturbing to me. Catholics will let a woman die rather than provide care related to a miscarriage. I’ve heard horror stories about people refusing to provide ANY care to a transgender person. And by monopolizing providers in a region, they can effectively prevent patients from getting the care they need.

Suppose it's a good thing the last religious hospital closed in this area over ten years ago.
They would never have been capable of doing any complex surgery anyway.

An utter perversion of Jesus' teachings.

Yes for sure. I am not a Christian and would never consider it but Jesus never said anything about hating and leaving people uncared for.

There are many things I do not understand here also, but the main thing I noticed was that the hospital was Catholic. That means this was just about what you could expect. Go to another hospital even if you have to travel a little to get there.

In these areas there may not be another hospital for miles. It is really very dangerous.

A 45 minute drive can literally be life or death.

Maybe if enough people start dying because of the asinine policies of
these hospitals, maybe other people will start rising up and demanding
change.

Or people can just die because of these asinine policies.
Gotta thin the herd somehow.

I'm to the point where if people aren't going to fight against this bullshit,
then we all get what we get.
If people are going to continue to simply accept what religion chooses to
dictate, then they're going to end up killing us all off one way or another.

Yes. People need to get much more aggressive in fighting this nonsense.

@GreatNani People need to get A LOT more aggressive fighting against A LOT of things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.