Agnostic.com

19 16

Joe Biden claims Republicans will have an "epiphany" and work with him.

This belief is central to Biden’s pitch: Trump is so bad, and Biden is so good at working across the aisle that bipartisan cooperation will just suddenly break out if he’s elected.

Republicans refused to work with President Obama after he was elected.

Biden has predicted this before. Magical thinking does not work, Joe.

"Hope is not a method," I told pregnant teens when I worked with them.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Right now the Republican "party" is not a party - it is a cult. We actually do need a second functioning (even conservative) party for democracy to work properly. Until Republicans stop drinking their trumpian kool-aid, there is no cooperating with them at least at the national level. Just saw Lindsey Graham (why does the press keep quoting him??) say that there could be no "quid pro quo" because the Trump administration is just too disorganized to make any deals!! OK can any one work with such a party?

Biden is delusional! I will not vote for him !

Even if it's between him and trump?

@1of5 wouldn't vote for either of them!
The DNC needs to learn to quit the fix..

@Buddha yeah, not voting is always the right answer.

@1of5 I didnt say I wouldn't vote.. I just won't vote for someone that I don't identify with their principles.

What? Is this site full of 📞rump supporters? If so, I’m outa here!

@RobinGray

As a lifelong Democrat, feminist and environmentalist, I have been fighting Republicans my entire life.

I support Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, Corey Booker and Kamala Harris. I feel tired of old white men like constantly misspeaking Joe Biden and cranky old Bernie Sanders.

As a voter, I will support the Democratic presidential candidate who wins the nomination.

@LiterateHiker
If you only have a choice between Trump and Biden, Biden will be my choice. I must vote to remove Trump from office. Period. My thoughts.

Hell, no. I’m voting blue no matter who.

He actually said all of this.

Joe doesn't seem to realize that nobody wants to work with him.

JimG Level 8 Nov 7, 2019

So the Republicans will work with someone they feel is too far left. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

@Sticks48 it's pretty obvious that they won't work with democrats at on the national level.

@JimG If McConnell is gone I believe there is hope. I believe there are many Republican Senators who would like to get things done. Come on Kentucky. Do it one more time. I like all of the Dems. If Biden wins I will have no problem with him as the President. If you can't a big chunk of the middle in this country, you can't win the Presidency. That is fact. Two million more voters in California will not change the outcome. It is all about the electoral college, and right now Biden is the only one on a national level who beats trump handily. I will not be surprised if the Dems blow this again.

@Sticks48 With McConnell gone, I think there would be some hope, but I'm not confident that will happen. Getting him out of his undeserved role in the Senate would be a start though.

@JimG That Ky Senate race might be the most important in the country. My understanding is his approval rating in Ky is in the high teens. Maybe there is hope.

@Sticks48 That is cause for optimism.

@JimG How much, I don't know.

If Biden said this he's full of shit.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Shows Joe is completely delusional.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 6, 2019

Sorry I am still laughing, my stomach hurts.

Why can't he just go away? There's actually people who believe him, for some unfathomable reason. And give him money. Fuck.

1of5 Level 8 Nov 6, 2019

Quit worrying about that, and ask yourself who can win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That is the most important question.

I agree with you. I was a Warren supporter and in the previous election I was with Bernie until I felt Hillary was more electable. Now I feel Elizabeth and Bernie are unelectable at this time .As is Mayor Pete. Blacks won't vote for him and many white people are also homophiles. This is not the right time for Medicare for all! I'm thinking Joe is the most electable candidate right now. As we approach the primaries things could change. Trump must not be re-elected. If we could flip the senate we could try another impeachment if he is voted in again. I think if Warren or Bernie were chosen it would suppress the vote and assure Trumpicans victory!

He might be epiphed off if or when he discovers he was wrong. 🙂

Biden can drop out at any time.
Won't hurt my feelings even a little bit.

I'm so tired of old white men being in power.

From your lips to God's ears.

@Sgt_Spanky Good one!!! LMFAO

@KKGator

I'm sick of old white men being in power.

To hell with Biden and Bernie Sanders, the grumpy old politician. We need younger people.

@LiterateHiker Or women. I'd be good with a woman in the Office.
IF she's qualified.

@KKGator

The last time I checked, women are people, too.

@LiterateHiker I just meant as a qualified candidate.
Not just because she's female.
You know, like 45 getting the job just because he's a man, and people couldn't handle that Hillary was actually more qualified for the job.

@LiterateHiker One hundred percent agree, yes, yes, yes, younger. Democratic women and the younger members of society are our only hope.

@KKGator We’ve had two in the UK..be careful what you wish for! The first one (Maggie) had more balls than all the men in her cabinet combined..but was a right wing bitch too. Poor Theresa was just without a clue..no personality and no real strategy! I wish you well in the USA...Trump is a nightmare which affects us all, no matter if it is a man, woman or chimpanzee...anyone must be an improvement!

@Marionville Well lets see now, do you know if any fairly intelligent chimps. Would probably make more sense than many republiks.

@starwatcher-al I’m not personally acquainted with any...but I think most random ones could fit the bill! 😁

@Marionville I've heard that they can use tools, so that beats repubs already.

@starwatcher-al More evolved than the evangelical right...that is for sure!

Oh dear he’s obviously delusional

My thought, precisely!

Please drop out of race.

I swear Biden is senile.

Interesting,much more to come,stay tuned lol

Joe may have bipartisan cooperation, but the republicans will NOT have an epiphany. Who in the hell does Joe think he’s fooling besides himself?

CS60 Level 7 Nov 6, 2019

I distrust "blue skying"... as it misleads the hopeful. I prefer pragmatic solutions that are achievable...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:423305
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.