Agnostic.com

12 6

I was just wondering, are there any cancer survivors here? I'm coming up on 20 years cancer free, and I get kind of tired of people telling me that I should thank god. I thank science, great doctors and wonderful nurses.

Redwoman66 3 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Im at 12 years now but I only recall one significant discussion about how god should have the credit for curing me.
I responded with god gets the blame for giving me cancer then. I also said that I credited well trained doctors and modern medicine for my cure

Hodgkin's Lymphoma, in remission 8 months. When people invoke god or religion I just smile.

Ovarian and uterine.

Consider also thanking yourself. It is a recipe.

When the product was eliminated, you likely also reexamined and discarded, knowingly or not, some ingredients and preparation methods.

1.4 years since cancer of the small intestine surgery and fine so far.

My sister and niece just lost a dear friend and my sister said she prayed and prayed for this young woman who had cancer and died. Then she has been praying for our mom to pass who has dementia. This did not make sense to her at all. I told her that's one reason I don't believe in god. I think she's becoming agnostic. Congratulations on being cancer free!

Hi AML Survivor 5 yrs. Acute Myloid Leukemia. Wow 20 congrats

I'm approaching four years cancer free, but it's my third round with it, so I know it can and does come back. People always tell me the same. I respectfully tell them I appreciate the thought, but I thank the doctors who found and removed the tumors.

Cancer is an industry, you don't cure industries, you expand. When I was diagnosed, I pulled my finger out and utilised the knowledge I'd collected since I was 16 (when my mother died of chemotherapy)
The doctor smiled nervously stating that sometimes the body heals itself 🙂

Same here. Science cured me, not some fake-ass, invisible deity.

So you should great news

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.