Agnostic.com

10 2

Getting back in running.

I had the worst and only breakup four years ago, resuting in moving back home to Dallas, Texas.

Four years have gone by and I have a great career and promising future.

However, I let myself go to pot.

I have gained 30 lbs with all the yummy food here, not working out, not running, and not caring for myself. Depression sucks ass.

I have been healing emotionally. My job keeps me going and alive.

I am very accepted in my workplace and almost everyone really likes me. There is only one person that does not like me at all, but I think it is a personality conflict and doesnt like super extroversion.

Did any of your guys go through this with marriages and relationships?

J75243 6 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was married for 25 years and now have been divorced longer than I was married. I dated a bit for a few years, but the men were so different from the men I knew when I was younger, that I wouldn't go out with a second time. I haven't dated in years now. I have lots of interests, go out and do stuff, and enjoy life, but I never meet any single men, or, if I do they don't seem to have any interest in me. I have lots of male friends, but they are married or gay. It would be nice to meet a guy that I could have a relationship with, but I doubt if it it will happen. I have a good life though, so, I don't worry about it.

Don’t complain about it. Just take control of yourself and use what’s around you logically. James

Leon Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

Breakups always made me lose my appetite and get ambitious..get another degree, get a better job, move to another country, etc.

As down as I’ve been off & on, I’d almost mutter ... as I worked out, cleaned up or tried to eat right.. ‘Take care of yourself - some day you may be glad you did’... Incapable of envisioning ‘that day,’ I’d often laugh, both helped ~

Varn Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

I went through a bad break up about 7 years ago. It absolutely destroyed me. Heavy drinking and isolation. Shallow relationships because I couldn't trust anyone enough to care. For years actually. Like two years ago I finally got insurance and went to the doctor. Blood work was bananas, they wanted me on cholesterol meds, potentially blood pressure, pre diabetic. At 41?! Fuck that. I dedicated myself to a better diet, exercise, and social interaction. Lost 50 pounds, all my labs are good now, and am actually fairly happy even when things are shit. Exercise is the shit. I'd still rather yell, or hit something, but some cardio and weights get the job done.

Nice job running man, went through a break up 2 months ago and we still share an apartment..while she is seeing someone else. Thankfully she is moving out soon but running and working out keep me sane man. Also a vegan inspired diet. You’ll notice a confidence and energy difference in a few weeks

Hmm... I lost thirty pounds when I ended my marriage (and gave up alcohol for a while, which I'm sure helped). Then again, I think I was more depressed when I was married...

I'm sure we all have. I became a widow after 21 years of marriage and had to reinvent my entire life all over again. So yeah I know your pain. You sound like you've got your s*** together! once you get your mind straight, your body usually will follow.

Getting and staying in shape is simply a matter of will. You force yourself to do it regularly, without exception, until it becomes a welcome habit.

I just go threw depression anyway

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.