Agnostic.com

14 11

LINK The Christian Right could be irrelevant by 2024

I certainly hope so.

snytiger6 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From your lips to gawd's ear!

Fingers crossed

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 23, 2019

Without the Christain evangelicals the looney left wing idiots would be in power and I hope that never happens. I’ll take the Christains any time over those people.

I like the suggestion that Trump and his Trumpian escapades ultimately destroys both the GOP and the Christian Evagelical movement simultaneously.

The problem is how much will everybody else suffer, and our democratic institutions suffer on our way to getting thete.

It needs to happen ASAP. With Trump in the WH all I see and hear is hate promotion between the 2 parties. What should be happening is that they should be working together.

Deno, when Dems and Repubs cooperate, they’re both ripping us off.

The world would be such a better place

Doubt that very much considering they currently control the US Presidency, the US Senate, and the lifelong appointments to SCOTUS and lower court judgeships, along with various state houses and governorships.

I typed this up before noticing I was echoing @Davesnothere 's point below.

That would be GREAT!!!!

They are irrelevant to me now and just wait till China takes over the world, there will be no Christians, whether they are the right or the left ones. They will all be in reeducation camps.

Hopefully they will be raptured long before

Good. They're barely Christian and they're never right.

"Exvangelicals" I do like me a neologism.

I think he speaks too soon.
First, assume all the numbers he is using are correct.
Then realize that even if they are correct it is not an even, across the board reduction in white evangelicalism. Like all religions it will strive to survive and will hold out where it is strongest. That just happens to be rural (Red) America. So even as the minority shrinks(as with Clinton and Gore)it will control the electoral collage will tip the scales in their favor for a long time.

The judicial picks from Trump and Pence will also hold water for decades to come.

I do not think these were considerations in the article.

You have a point there, but, I'm hoping that you are erring too far on the side of negativity.

@BirdMan1 Right now the leading televangelist promoting the prosperity Gospel is the advisor to the POTUS.
Right now a slew of judges approved by "The Family" have been seated, and they advise the POTUS often because members and associates are in and around the cabinet. (Jeff Sharlets The Family)

Those in power tend not to want to relinquish it. I do not expect differently from those evangelicals in and around the seats of power, do you?

hope so too but they banking on more years of trump to enforce their goals . . . people need to vote

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:429835
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.