Agnostic.com

18 9

LINK Franklin Graham Promises Christians Chick-fil-A Will Keep Hating The Gays | Michael Stone

I really despise people who define their religious beliefs by who they hate.

snytiger6 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you think Franklin is a top or a bottom?

If I had to guess, I'd say he was a bottom who liked to be tied up and whipped, because Christians just love to pretend they "suffer" and kind of get off on it.

Religion is great at using reverse religious discrimination. They say that the U.S. is a Christian nation which is discrimination in a nutshell. The last time I checked, there were 288 religions in the U.S and a lot of them are non christian. They claim christian discrimination, but go all out and do their own discrimination by pushing politicians to push religious type bills through Congress.

Trod Level 5 Dec 16, 2019

I've never been to a chick-fil-a and I don't plan on going to one. Same with hobby lobby.

Well...my world got kinda woozy there for a bit. At least we now know that they didn't actually change the recipe on that delicious homophobic chicken sandwich. It takes a lot of hate to make a sandwich that good.

My young grandson talked me into lunch at a local Chick.Fil.A recently. Two of the workers there were obviously gay or at least on the spectrum. Perhaps each franchise has its own requirements?

A niece of mine works there. A few months ago my mother visited her and then told me that this company had stories from lgbtq staff stating that they are not discriminated against blah blah blah. I told her that if this were really true, why doesn’t this company advertise it? Hmm...

How christ-like of him........

I hope they change their policy, i never really frequented them, but I hear it's pretty good and have always wanted to try but I won't be able to anythime soon. I do hope they change their ways.

Graham is a piece of shit, but I think he's right. Chik-fil-a still supports Focus on the Family.

JimG Level 8 Nov 22, 2019

Did we ever doubt it?

I've never eaten in a chick-fil-a And I never will.

Christian bigotry in a nut shell.

Trod Level 5 Nov 22, 2019

Christian nuts in a bigotry shell.

Fuck Franklin Graham.
Fuck him up his hypocritical ass with a spicy chicken sandwich.
After the chainsaw, of course.

Oww!!

@PondartIncbendog That's the idea.

Don't hold back, KK if you don't like him, just say so 😉

@JimG I just say what a lot of people are thinking, but are often too polite to say. I don't have that problem.
😀

@KKGator I speak my mind too, but not as colorfully as you did. I'm of the opinion that Graham's religious indoctrination and his own attraction to men cause him to hate himself even more than I hate him.

@JimG I don't give a shit what his personal issues are. I'm not about to try to understand where he's coming from, or why. I don't care.
He's a hateful piece of shit, and his rhetoric hurts people.
His rhetoric hurts people I care about.
Fuck him.

@KKGator I agree absolutely, and I fucking hate him more because he spreads hate for his own financial gain. Not that it matters to those hurt by it, but I think that makes him even more vile a human being.

I finally got around to trying Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich. Not that I've ever eaten at Chic Fil A to compare, but it was ridiculously tasty and I hope this helps them put a major dent into Chic's profits!

I agree with you. WTF is this? Is Graham secretly gay?

There's a good chance on that. Many of the loudest screamers, scream to cover their tracks

As usual Patheos exaggerates, demonizes, and resorts to name-calling. Those supposedly horrible religious groups to which Chick-fil-A donates do not say that they hate anyone. All they say is that homosexuality is not approved by their religious doctrines. Those very same doctrines are held by the United Methodist Church to which Hilary Clinton belongs. Also remember that Barack Obama ran in opposition to gay marriage on his first campaign. Al Gore is a devout Baptist. Where is all the hatred for those folks? It’s all political garbage.

Patheos is a slimy, disgusting source.

So you're standing with churches and their doctrines of hate and exclusion?
No matter how you put it when you single out 'others' as less than it's turned to hate.

" All they say is that homosexuality is not approved by their religious doctrines"
Which is a direct reference to the Bible and its death sentence for homosexuality.

"Where is all the hatred for those folks?"
Its not about hating believers, its about making them realize how their Dogma is hateful, ALL OF THEM.

@maturin1919 lets see, there’s that athletic group, so highly touted over the country. There’s the Salvation Army. There’s a youth shelter in Atlanta. None of those are doing anything with their money except promoting their particular causes. So far as I can determine, none of them advocate hatred.

The enigma remains: why the outrage against Chick-fil-A and nothing but praise and adulation for Clinton, Carter, Gore, Obama, who are actually MEMBERS of these supposedly horrible hate groups? It’s called HYPOCRISY and blind stupidity.

@maturin1919, @freeofgod So let’s see. Orthodox Jews do not accept homosexuality. Let’s see you out there with your placards demonstrating at their synagogues. Where is your hate and condemnation for Clinton. Gore, et. al.?

Bit of hypocrisy aye?

@WilliamFleming none at all. Screw everyone who doesn't accept others.

@WilliamFleming
ALL religion is EVIL.
ALL. OF. THEM.
I don't care who belongs to which church.

Those organizations don't say that they hate anyone; so obviously that means they don't, right? You offer the perfect example of "whataboutism" to defend these groups. Your defense based on the fact that they aren't the only homophobes is as pathetic as it is disingenuous. The point is that Chik-fil-a donates to groups who spend that money to lobby against equality for a specific group. Your ignorant defense of their bigotry isn't going to influence anyone to support them.

@Davesnothere how about if they minded their own business?

@JimG Why does no one answer the question that I posed? Where is all the hatred and disgust toward the actual MEMBERS of those supposedly heinous hate groups—people like Hilary Clinton, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, etc. etc.?

If you can’t see the inconsistency of your ranting then I give up.

@WilliamFleming ummm, what? Cite sources?!!!!!!!

@WilliamFleming yes, maybe, but I see them Minding Their Business, not preaching hatred & discrimination!

@WilliamFleming Well, as far as I go I have had a long standing position against the Salavation Army, as they discriminated against Natives here in my state years ago, when it came to helping the poor at Xmass, Natives were not allowed.

So I avoid them, never donate to them ect.

"there’s that athletic group" no idea who you mean as I do not follow sports at all.

"There’s a youth shelter in Atlanta" never heard of that but had dealings with a shelter out in Nor Cal that disallowed homeless who would not submit to the religious ceremony.

" So far as I can determine, none of them advocate hatred." I think what a lot of people may be calling hatred is not as such, but rather such groups looking at, and down their noses at, others not like themselves. Discrimination based on a religious ideology which itself espouses other humans as "abominations".

"why the outrage against Chick-fil-A and nothing but praise and adulation for Clinton, Carter, Gore, Obama, who are actually MEMBERS of these supposedly horrible hate groups? "
BECAUSE the OP was about Chic-a-fila was it not?

What aboutism does nothing to make the world better. If they are all guilty we don't deny the guilt of one because others are also guilty. Your reaction seems less about the issue and more about an unresolved issue you have with "Clinton, Carter, Gore, Obama", which is not what the OP was about. So rather than talk about the OP, you are using whataboutism to blame shift.

@WilliamFleming, @AnneWimsey Nice idea but they are not, they are legislating against women, gays, latinos, and others.

How long till we make the list?

@AnneWimsey You can google and learn the doctrines of the United Methodist Church, the Baptist’s, etc. The Salvation Army is similar.

Which of the Chick-fil-A recipients are the ones who are preaching hatred? Sources? I’ll grant that they discriminate, but so does everyone in one way or other.

@Davesnothere Actually I have nothing but respect for those named Democrats, and I voted for Obama.

What I dislike is the smug judgmentalism and elitist hypocrisy of Patheos. I would join in criticism of religious doctrines that delegate gays to the category of “sinner” and that shun them in any way, but dehumanizing and demonizing large categories of religious people is not useful criticism.

@WilliamFleming "What I dislike is the smug judgmentalism and elitist hypocrisy of Patheos."
Me too, and I am fucking fed up with the talking heads. For fucks sake, if you want to tell me the news, tell me, don't tell me and then move to a round robin of peoples opinioons who were not involved and whose opinion I did not solicit.

There are a number of Baptists and other denominations who are trying to take a stand against Christo-Nationalism/Christo-fascism. The enemy of my enemy . . .

While I completely agree with you, I also think that those who hate something that much that they are willing to define themselves and everyone around them as the same thing or else -- is hiding that they are what they hate. Franklin Graham, and others like them, have had some trauma involving what they hate. It means they need psychiatric help and lots of drugs and therapy.

Franklin Graham is a scum sucking drain on society. His demise will not be missed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:429872
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.