Agnostic.com

19 10

LINK Christian Zealot Beheads Girlfriend Because She Refused To Repent | Michael Stone

Most "holy books" can be used to justify just about anything.

snytiger6 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And her 3-year-old daughter witnessed it! 😱

My first thought, too! Although in the linked article...there were TWO children who found her! I wonder...can traumas be ''softened'' or even removed from the memory through hypnosis?

Murder is an mental illness. It's very rare anyone gets beheaded in North America, regardless how Trump tried to scare Americans that Muslims are coming here to chop our heads off.

On a Christains website, I posted a deadly situation to them. That if they were captured by ISSI Muslims group and given a choice to convert to Muslims or die? The vast majority of Christains said they would be put to death.

I asked them again, if you were just to lie and save your skin by pretending to convert to Muslim. Then you could go back to being Christains once you excape them. Still they said they would rather die.

I think this kind of suicides is a mental illness also.

Fucking nut cases, all religions brainwash to the point that if any fanatic is convinced that their god talked to them they would immediately do it. Unfortunately very few hear god saying kill yourself.

Date atheist, agnostic and have lots of atheist, agnostic children. Teach them about the pitfalls of religion and superstitious thinking.

The religious have mandates from their hole-y books to make lots of babies. We seem to not do well in this dept.

SCal Level 7 Dec 1, 2019

@Donotbelieve That's giving the Catholics and Mormons (as well as other religions that preach you chould have as many kids as you possibly can) a run for their money!

I think this has more to do with mental illness and less to do with religion. An awful thing for that poor child.

By my observation, religious fanaticism and mental illness are indistinguishable.

@BitFlipper Either you are stuck in the 1900s or earlier, or thinking of the religion of Islam... Evan modern Xtians don't behead people for indiscretions. At least try to be realistic... 😒
Edit: When I say 'You', I mean the Xtian zealot that killed the girlfriend... not you, GreatNani... Sorry for the confusion.. 🙁😌😊👌

@Captain_Feelgood either you didn't read the article or are being foolish, the killer is described as a zealot in the article because he claimed that god told him to do it, so BitFlipper is absolutely correct in her observation, religious fanatism and mental illness are indistinguishable. Who is unrealistic then?

@Mofo1953 Yes, I phrased that wrong.. apologies. I made an edit.. 🤓👍

It's awfully confusing to decide what is and isn't god-breathed scripture for believers. I know it's wrong to stone a child, but the "good book," prescribes it for disobedient children.

If any other publication incited people to murder it would be condemned and banned. All copies of it would be confiscated and destroyed, and publishers and booksellers would be prosecuted for putting it on sale. This should happen to the bible...but of course it won’t. As far as this guy is concerned, he is obviously suffering from mental illness..but that mental illness has been exacerbated by too much religious indoctrination and reading of certain passages in this horrendously hateful and bloodthirsty book which Christians revere and follow fervently. We really must protect children and the mentally ill from being exposed to it, but alas I’m at a loss to know how.

It's guys like that who are a really good argument for keeping the death
penalty.
And using it with extreme prejudice.

He got 20 years and 4 months. He is young enough to get out and do it again, or start a church.

@Beowulfsfriend Exactly. He should be ended, immediately.

I am against the death penalty. However, in this case, I would not try to make an argument for why he should be kept alive.

Religious fanaticism is a kind of mental illness. As logn as the prison system focuses on punishment instead of rehabilitation, and treatment for the mentally ill, such persons should at the very least be locked up for life, as under the current system they are likely to come out worse than when they went in.

@snytiger6 I'm so done with making allowances for the deliberately delusional. I'm also done with them using their delusions to harm others.
I don't care anymore. I am done. There are already far too many people on this rock as it is.
Taking out some of the more dangerous ones is completely reasonable to me.

I have many mixed feelings about state-sanctioned murder. However, when you have someone like this guy, removing them from existence is not a "bad" thing.
The older I get, the more misanthropic I become.
I sincerely detest most people.
I think humans really suck.

God complex can be Very scary!

Pathoes really need to check their ADs...unless they are being deliberately ironic:

OMG, it's stuff like this that keeps me quiet about my disbelief. So many extremely religious people here where I live.

Repent from what? That is always the big question.

Prison? He belongs in a psychiatric hospital!

Nah, he belongs at the bottom of a really deep hole, covered in cement.

@KKGator LOL. Well yes, but perhaps a psych hospital for life will work. I mean clearly he is deranged.

@GreatNani Clearly. So put him down like a rabid animal. He's not going to "get better".

@KKGator I am curious about what his diagnosis is.

@GreatNani Truthfully, I don't care.

@KKGator He wasnt born with illogical thoughts. This behavior was learned from a very sick society.

You wanting him dead is just an extension of the sickness that led him to do what he did.

I find your statement only slightly less sick than his actions.

@BryanLV What you think doesn't bother me. I stand by what I said.

And 20 years from now when that dipshit gets released he'll still think he did God's work and he'll have learned nothing. Religious stupidity is a powerful force.

Wow he only got 20 yrs and 4 months...the 3 yr old saw her mother die and this guy will get out for beheading his gf when hes in his 50s....I guess thats why lady justice wears a blindfold. Smh....

He'll also find another Xian girlfriend who will see fit to forgive him for his past sins. This will seem like a good idea to her until the night she finds him strangling her for some other messed up religious reason.

"When they said, Repent, Repent,... I wonder what they meant"...-Leonard Cohen " The Future". Always be wary of those who claim God speaks directly to them and gives them orders or instructions. They may not be violent, but they are most likely deluded and nuts....I guess most of them are harmless, but not those who say God instructs them to kill, esp. the anti-abortion nuts.

This is why we should avoid the religilous.

They cannot be "avoided". They're everywhere.
Which is precisely why all religion must be eliminated from influencing
public policy.

At the very least it is on my list of reasons why I don't date the religious. I don't see any way to totally avoid them.

@KKGator, @snytiger6 You're right. I should have been more specific. They are everywhere and what I should have said is it's difficult to have a meaningful relationship with the religious.

This is why more women need to learn self-defense, and not be "too nice" to
use it against whomever they need to.

Hopefully one day this too shall pass, and the beating the demons out of the psychotic 😢

So true! Reminds me of the scene in Monty Python And The Holy Grail, in which the accused witch is brought out in the town square and weighed against a duck to prove whether she is truly a witch or not....What passed for medivial science back then.....

@TomMcGiverin Just so people will know what you are talking about....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.