Agnostic.com

10 4

LINK Chick-fil-A faces rightwing backlash after cutting ties to Christian groups | Food | The Guardian

Honestly, this is positive, but how long will it take until they reverse course again?

OldMetalHead 9 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

well, it's too late now anyway, Popeye's has a better chicken sandwich now.

I still boycott them

From what I heard their original policy shift was all talk. We'll see I suppose.

They have already back pedaled within a week of making the announcement they they would no longer support the "Death to Gays" groups in Africa. So in effect they never changed their policies... they just got a lot of bad press.

Supposedly it quickly reversed itself. I have never eaten there. Looks terrible too.

They actually have started to do just that [friendlyatheist.patheos.com]

i am republican i wouldnt ever eat there, well once, when i was a truck driver, and constipated, fixed that problem right away for me.

doesn't matter, I'll never eat there

To the conservatives who are upset about this, it's just the free market doing what the free market do.

Excellent reply! That whole Ayn Rand philosophy drives me nuts.

@CarolinaGirl60 One could argue that Ayn Rand was nuts.

It will take as long as it does to show up in the next quarterly reports.
As soon as they start seeing their choices effecting their profits, they'll
change their choices.

@OldMetalHead Personally, I'll never eat there. I don't like chicken
sandwiches, and their waffle fries aren't that good anymore.
I'd be happy to see them go belly-up.
Just because some of their corporate charities may have changed, the
Cathy family still believes in their bullshit christianity, and they still
conduct business that way.
Whether it's "public" or not.

@OldMetalHead Why. Do have shares in the company ?

@OldMetalHead Privately owned.?. I think one good reason for not eating there is if their church gets a share of the profits.

@OldMetalHead Seriously, though. Do you really think that they're going to drop their religious beliefs and start conducting their business as a secular concern? Is that even a reasonable expectation?

@OldMetalHead Exactly.
Which is why is makes no sense to support that particular corporation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:433447
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.