Agnostic.com

17 6

For those who have no profile pic

I'm wondering why some of you don't have a profile pic.. I'm proud that I am smart enough to not be taken in by religion...yet my entire online profiles are made with fake names. My FB page has only a pic of my beard because I don't want authorities to know I'm there.
Let's hear your reasons please.

• 2 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 12 votes
  • 13 votes
Captnron59 9 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, I'm only a semi-celebrity here for being the first to hit Level 9! I have a few photos on my profile page, tho I usually use other things for my 'avatar'. BTW, I see you are almost to Level 9 yourself! I'll try & give you a boost & hit a few of your posts to like & comment!

@Captnron59 Hey, you've worked for it, brother!

I like a good mystery....which is why I don't have a photo of myself for my avatar, but instead use the symbol for the video game Deus Ex.

it s because I don't have the smarts to put up my real picture I have a camera I have a picture but don't know how to get it onto the screen and am afraid it will go extra large.

I put up a picture so people could just see what a handsome person I am. I would really like to hear from you if you are this gullable, I own a bridge. I thought this site would be of people who were interacting in an authentic manner and if so the least I could do is show what you are replying to and hearing from.

Mine are buried in profile for a reason....

I havent got the expertise to post a picture I imagine if I use one it will come out covering the whole page and I'll have messed up the site.

I agree, but only for those with zero pic, if you wanna post any thing but 'your' face, that's cool...but the faceless black and grey silhouette leaves me wondering.

I'm not here for dating, I don't do selfies, so have very few pictures of me, most of which are really old.

I'm paranoid?

I just don't really have any pics of me. I've never actually taken a pic of myself. I don't really think I'm ugly, more average and plain, however I do feel that in every pic of me I've seen, I look somehow weird. Idk, I always either have like a squinty eye, or my smile looks crooked or some other awkward thing.

Byrd Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

I am not looking for a date. I want my WORDS to be evaluated for what they say.

I'm a horribly disfigured former celebrity who's now so ugly that I've been castigated into anonymity and the monster I've become is none of your goddamn business?

@Captnron59 Thankee 😉

@Captnron59 You kind of resemble a fun version of Jesus.

I don't have a profile picture on any other social media platform, either. My reasoning has mostly to do with keeping my clients from finding me online. I work in child welfare, so I try to keep my personal life private. I haven't decided when or if I will put up a pic of myself here.

Now I am kind of curious why you don't want the authorities to know

@Captnron59 got it. Hell of a misguided thing for DOC to spend their time and money worrying about

Just habbit. Apart from FB, my mug is not on any other Social Media accounts. There's no point in breaking that rule.

I don't mind my photo on FB because I use it with my real-life friends and families. I don't have anyone on FB who I've not met face-to-face.

I simply don't see the need for plastering my image online.

@Captnron59 It's actually Alice. But thanks.

There is also another category of people who post a pic that is at least 5 - 10 years earlier. If I am talking to someone on Messenger with romantic intentions I request a current picture. There's nothing like getting off a 7 hour airplane flight and being met at the baggage claim by a strange person you don't recognize.

Oh wow! There's a story behind that comment. Cringing just thinking about it. Yikes.

Yes there is - a month ago I returned from a trip to the other side of the country after meeting fellow member here.

We talked every day for over a month. He was a good guy but there was no chemistry on my part. I am a free spirit and full of adventure always. Living again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.