Agnostic.com

34 4

How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike without training wheels?

I was a late bloomer; in my 20s.

Aralt 7 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What training wheels?? I must have been 6ish when I learned to ride my new shiny mustard yellow banana seat Shwinn. She was a sweet ride. RIP

I never had training wheels. My 1st actual bike ride was a push off of a hill accross the street and crashed into some junk at the neighbors yard. LOL!

7 or 8. I spent my entire childhood on my bike...

I think 5 maybe 6. Didn't have training wheels. Taught myself using my older sisters bike. Could barely reach the pedals and had to prop it against the porch in order to get on.

Never had training wheels. Kept falling down until I figured it out. Think I might have
been 9 by the time I quit crashing.
Kind of like life, but that took a few decades longer.

I'm not convinced I'm done just yet.

@Nottheonlyone It definitely takes a minute.

Never used training wheels. Learned to ride when I was 9.

Training wheels? Ah - you mean stabilisers?

Probably 4 or 5.

maybe 5

I remember having trouble doing it, just kept falling over... then one day I was running and wanted to go faster and I jumped on my friends bike and took off... maybe I was 7? The thinking needed to be replaced with doing, I apply this principle in music. When I can’t remember the chord changes I play it fast so I won’t have time to think about it, actually works🙂

Muscle memory is great, isn't it? I do the same thing with music.

I never used training wheels. I learned to ride a bike at age 8.

When I bought my first Triumph Bonneville .

5 or 6. Did it on my metallic purple banana bike with the 5 foot high sissy bar. Even then I had style!

I remember riding back and forth in the basement learning to balance. I've been told I was about 3 years old.

I never had training wheels. I think i was probably 5 or 6 and I remember my dad allegedly holding the bike upright as I rode along.

I promptly fell off when I realised he wasn't! I did get straight back on though.

🙂

Kiddie dirt bike shortly thereafter

Six I rode my bike to kindergarden

I don't remember, but I know I was 16 when I learned to ride without using my hands. And I still do, as often as possible.

About 8. I dived straight in and got it almost right away. Never had a bike before!

I was 5. The bike came pre-equipped with training wheels. Iasked my father to remove them on my second ride. On the third one - I was without the wheels.

I was 8, and my cousin showed me how too ride a bike. He said, all you need to do is to balance yourself on the bike. So I did that, and walla!

What's walla?

A general way of saying, I got it.

My dad didnt give us training wheels, he just put on the bike and push us down the road

7 or 8.

"0" they were more expensive than bandaids.....!

40, I kid you not. Never had a bike as a kid.

About 4 I think

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44098
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.