Agnostic.com

13 14

LINK Stephen Hawking: Greed And Stupidity Are What Will End The Human Race

The title basically says it all. As a species, we may be headed to our own demise turning earth into a planet more like Venus too hot to support life as we know it.

RussRAB 8 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stick to physics Hawkings. Oh wait, you can’t because you’re dead.

So, he didn't have the right to talk about anything but Physics? And, he was absolutely right. If we don't get our act together--greed and stupidity will be our doom. Oh, the planet will survive; but will we be able to survive on it?

Concur.

Concur!

Ironically human intelligence will be their downfall,but the earth will easily recover like it did from all the other great extinctions .

Any biological system is a closed system. When a species exploits the environment to a degree whereby the population is unsustainable, then the population dies. We are no different.

If that's true the human race may perish, Tuesday Nov. 3, 2020 between 7am-7pm.

Trump in a nutshell.

Gee really?🤯

Guaranteed global warming in a few billion years no matter what people do. In approximately 5 billion years, the sun will begin the helium-burning process, turning into a red giant star. When it expands, its outer layers will consume Mercury and Venus, and reach Earth.Mar 28, 2018 google search

Word Level 8 Dec 23, 2019

@Bushshaker That's if there are still humans, you seem a bit optimistic for our kind.

My gut feeling is that man made climate change will accelerate normal climate change to the point where it’s too late for many humans and they will be forced to move, adapt or die off. There won’t be time to develope the technology not to mention the actual building of the starships needed to get to planet B. Then there might very well be catastrophic wars, nuclear wars between panicked nations and peoples. The wealthy will surely be amongst the remnant of mankind. Survival of the fittest. The earth will warmup and be almost completely a water world again as it has been at times in the past. There maybe a small remnant of humanity along with some rats. Fitting. Then the normal earthly cycles of freeze/thaw- glaciation/ice free ages will return. Over every 100,000 years or so. The earth will shake us off like an annoying flea on a dog’s back. That’s no time at all. Consider how many ice ages are in a million years. A billion. As the earth travels further from the sun on its cycle.

While I agree that some of the wealthy will survive for a while, it will surely be survival of the fittest. The fittest with less will take from the wealthy with more however. There WILL come a time when the servants turn on their masters.

I'm not going down without a fight. I choose to try and bring awareness and lobby my government and everyone I come in contact with.

Watch Idicracy

I've been saying this for years! I still cannot believe that lousy movie has accurately shown our devolution. Soon all clothes will be sponsored by Apple and "Kick him in the balls!" will be the highest rated TV show! Sad.

That has been my feeling for a long time as far as the United States goes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:441249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.