Agnostic.com

14 20

LINK How Migrant Children in Federal Custody Will Spend Christmas | Time

More than 14,000 migrant toddlers, children and teens will spend the Christmas in U.S. government detention and processing centers across the country.

This breaks my heart.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Steven Miller needs to be put in jail by the World Court.

US immigration officials bar doctors from giving flu shots to detained kids.

[theguardian.com]

Vote Republicans Out of Office!

FFS, and I thought what our LNP Governments were doing to Refugees on Manus Island and Nauru was bloody inhuman.
At least there is one very small consolation that the Australian LNP Governments aren't tearing kids away from their families or dumping unaccompanied kids into cages as pictured.
Is this Utterly Disgusting Crime Against Humanity a result of the PotUS 45 Administration or is just an acceleration of an existing policy?

The latter. Trump is an atrocious president, no doubt. But he is simply escalating the policies set by Clinton, W, and Obama that criminalized immigration and privatized detention centers and prisons. Lest we forget, Democrats, who took control of the House in 2019, actually voted to give an additional $4.5 billion to Trump to EXPAND ICE, CBP and HHS with no accountability for how the money would be spent, i.e. no protections for asylum seekers. We gave them the House, they sold us down the river.

Welcome to 1939 Nazi Germany

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2019

Heartbreaking... and so unnecessary. The poor parents of these children... how they must be grieving for their kids.

So sad. I almost couldn't clink on the link.

It is past time for The Hague to indict trump for crimes against humanity

Heartless people all🤬

Call themselves "christians" and at the same time, This.....?!

This is because the Trump policy at our borders is mostly decided by Stephen Miller and it fits the white nationalist/white supremacist agenda.

We all need to understand that as bad as Trump is, caging immigrants and their children began under Clinton, escalated under W, and exploded under Obama. The private prison industry, which was a Clinton initiative, added private detention centers under Obama. In other words, Trump is exploiting the systems developed by his predecessors, and is able to expand it further thanks to House Democrats’ passage in June of a $4.5 billion law giving more money to ICE, CBP and HHS. We must focus our energy on ending the for-profit prison/immigrant detention center system, else it will continue long after Trump is gone.

@Bobbyzen and drump could end it, but noooo, he makes it a thousand times worse! Children should Never be separated from parents unless there is neglect or abuse! Period!

@AnneWimsey It is up to us to end it. I am in constant touch with my Democratic House representative who, along with the majority of House Dems, refuse to pull the plug on detention centers. It is up to us to pressure Democrats—Republicans are a lost cause. It is up to us to put ourselves in the line to shut these death camps down. When we look to our elected leaders to act, we abdicate our power and our responsibility.

@Bobbyzen There has to be a far more humane way of handling the problem. Trump, Miller and powerful senators could obviously care less. I doubt there’s ever been a less empathetic group in power. Certainly non Americans didn’t think of Obama and the other presidents you mentioned as being in the same league. Non were perfect, no one is but Trumps a disgrace.

@Bilbobagins of course there are humane ways to treat people. It begins with ending global corporate capitalism and the exploitation of human and natural resources. The overthrow of democratically elected governments south of our border (not to mention in the Middle East) and implementation of systems of war, mineral extraction, incarceration and worker exploitation lead to mass exodus and influx of immigrants here and in Europe. Trump is merely riding the waves of corporatism, albeit with an explicit cruelty.

Horrendous behavior

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2019

These are children why be cruel to them?

I concur, it is heart breaking.

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After here at home in Alaska... for me - Ha!

Wow a blast from the past one of the fastest guitarists ever

@FrostyJim one of my favorite groups of the 70’s!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:442054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.