Agnostic.com

19 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The mega churches make a ton of money! And they are donating to this ignorant president named Donald Trump! It is all about abortion! Why do these preachers fly jets around the world? Because of their greed! As abortion goes, why are women being targeted?

Patheos seems like Fox news for progressives to me.

Damn! I already have a mind blowing migraine and worrying about war. Fuck them.

These so called Christians are just another part of a religious club who are taught to hate others! So called conservative christians have destroyed America!

I believe the polite term is "Christian dominionist" or "Christian heretic". It's a front for vulture capitalists and white supremacists.

Is there a barf emoji, never mind lol. I’m sure there is. WTF

Trump actually is an ideal Christian leader. He's egotistical, demands worship, punishes anyone who doesn't pay him homage or obeys a rival god (read: another political party), he comes out with new, nonsensical, and contradictory commandments every day, and recognizes no law other than his own whims. It's like Yahweh has deigned to move into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

By that token, they probably do love and fear Trump as much or more than they love their god.

“millions of Americans recognize that the House leadership is not actually impeaching the president of the United States but the policies and people that he represents.”

all of the above. let's impeach all of the above. can we do that? add god to the list. impeach her too.

And survey says "who cares".

I just threw up a little in the back of my throat.

Of course the Christians are always victim, while in reality they are the victimizers of any non believers!!!

They endeavor to Impose and inflict their will upon others who do not want their moronic insanity!!!

Asshole Americans is their true title.

The trouble is, we can never know if this crap is coming from the Trump-base evangelicals or from the Russian FSB.

I think many times the Russians start it, but it is quickly taken up by the Trump supporters.

@snytiger6 yup, wagging the dog...

I think this angst about the "moral Majority" is more of an American issue. Although they exist here in Canada I think we have evolved to not worry about them too much. Even our Conservative Party is struggling to become a little less of a Right-Wing party after not succeeding in the last election where they couldn't play the same old game...70% of Canadians want a more secular government....

blzjz Level 7 Jan 2, 2020

These so-called Christians are just white nationalists using religion to justify their twisted morality and try to force the rest of the world to follow their bloody rules. Not this guy.

they used to be called "The Moral Majority".....

@blzjz They were never moral and not a majority but they scream loud enough and the 'Conservative Party of Family Values" (Another lie) does what they want.

@sterlingde .....not saying what they are or aren't ...just what they were called...

The latest ploy by Trump supporters to conflate impeachment of Trump with impeachment of all Christians is intellectually bankrupt. It is just a lot of hot air, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. It is true that Trump has a lot of support among evangelical Christians. Over 80% of evangelicals who voted in 2016 voted for Trump. But 20% did not support Trump, and that margin appears to be growing. The evangelical magazine Christianity Today, which was founded by legendary televangelist Billy Graham, recently published an op-ed calling Trump "immoral" and arguing for his removal from office. The author of the article, Mark Galli, recognized the evidence presented in Trump's impeachment hearings for what it is: shocking, scandalous, compelling, and, above all, real. This is an important development. It shows that Trump's support among his base is eroding. Now there has been a vocal backlash within the Christian community. Many Christians have condemned the Christianity Today piece. But the magazine's publisher is standing firm in its position that Trump's actions vis-a-vis Ukraine constitute abuse of power and warrant his removal. This shows that the evangelical community is not monolithic. This crack in Trump's foundation can only widen.

One particular editor among his base has left. The majority of them will brand him a traitor and continue down their current road, if the history of Republican and other conservatives who have criticized Trump is any indicator.

@Paul4747
All you predict has already happened. And one editorial is not going to change many minds. But if it is given any serious consideration by even a few, that is progress.

The bizzare stupidity that these turkeys come up with!

Fuck them and their paranoic complex!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:445153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.