Agnostic.com

109 11

Would you date a woman that had sex on the first date?

Say you've been chatting with a woman for a bit, you have good conversations, similar world views, find her moderately attractive, etc. You decide to meet and go on a date. You end up sleeping together. Would you consider dating her with the possibility of it turning into a relationship?

• 188 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
  • 30 votes
Marcie1974 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

109 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have done that exact thing. Many times. Three of them are ex wives.

For her to have had sex with me on the first date I had to have had sex with her. How can I judge her for doing the same thing I did? I would not have had sex with her if I was not interested in her. I don't date to get sex, I date to find a woman to share my life with.

Was married to a one-night-stand (one of the few I've ever had) for 16 years.

When I was younger (I am 62 now), it didn't seem to bother me having sex right away with someone. As I look back on my relationships, I now think, for me, waiting for about 3-6 months before having sex is best. Having sex can send my emotions to an unnaturally higher place and I tend to ignore things that bother me with my partner. If I waited 3-6 months, I might not be interested in him anymore and it would be easier to break it off. Since I haven't had sex in 12 years, I may just throw all that out the window!!

Very nice to see the numbers at top.

Women rule. How can anyone think otherwise?

I look at sex kinda like buying shoes....I will never invest in a purchase of shoes without trying them on first. Sex is important, if it's not good between you that could be a deal breaker. I've moved slow in relationships and others when chemistry was great, I didn't want to wait! Some of my best and deepest fulfilling relationships were when 'I tried the shoes on to see if they were a comfortable fit'. ?

I don't see having sex on a first date as evil. As long as it comes naturally and not rushed.

Personal choice, but I wouldn't ever be having sex with someone I didn't want to date.

Every situation different. I don't judge.

As it stands now, I would not wish to have sex with someone unless I considered them someone I would wish to spend time with.

As long as the sex was with me. I'd be fine about it.
If it was with someone else, I'd say she was a crummy date.

Why jnot enjoy each other right now. Did it fee right when you had sex? It probably will feel right the next time, too. Take it as it comes and don't load down your encounters with all that heavy expectation. Live right now and go from there.

Sure would.

I was married to a woman for almost 40 years, we had sex on the first date. I rest my case. Damn it was good!

Yesplease

I don't do women, so would I sleep with a man who would sleep with me on the first date? I don't date, I just sleep around, so they already know that cuddling, and going for dinner, and talking about feelings isn't going to be happening.

For this particular issue, I don't try to psycho-analyze her motivations, I just on-the-surface accept the fact that maybe she just enjoys sex for sex sake as much as I do.

I'd have to say that I evaluate each person for their merits, not based on some set of rules. If you have to use a bunch rules, I probably wouldn't end up dating you.

Every person is new and different, and deserves at least a chance.

Being that a common mindset was already established and two adults mutually decided that they were into each other enough for things to go that way, I doubt that a roll in the hay would change my view in any significant way.

Meep70 Level 7 July 21, 2018

Most people don't know what they want and, often, sabotage their own potential good fortune out of ignorance - present company included. Relationships are tough and we do the best we can. If anything, I take an extra bit of time chatting someone up and making sure there is a connection while they just figured that I'd fuck immediately because of being poly. Quite a few women thought that I wasn't interested and walked... only to get annoyed during a fight with their new husband and then text me about how I was one that got away...

I wish I could say something useful. The best I can do is just say that it is best to tell people you date about what you feel. Tell them what you want and, hopefully, you'll come across someone that is aware of themselves a bit better.

All the best!

In the situation you describe, absolutely. The 'getting to know you' element of the first date is long-since passed, and if I know me (and the type of women I prefer to interact with romantically/sexually) there's probably been some not-so-innocent flirting at the bare minimum. If the chemistry holds up for in-person interaction and the date goes well, then hell yes. And if I've already invested the time and energy getting to know this person enough to want to meet them, and that went well, there's every reason to pursue the acquaintance and no real reason not to.

For a person I'm interacting with for the first time: I wouldn't have slept with them on the first date anyway, I don't enjoy sex with strangers. I prefer to start with personality compatibility and compatibility of tastes, which is a weird set of conversations to have with a complete stranger. I'm kind of kinky and that's also a whole set of conversations that are weird to have with a complete stranger the day I meet them.

I don't give a damn about numbers. All I care about is that they're STD free. I'd be more concerned if they didn't make sure I was using a condom. That would probably be a deal breaker.

Yes.

Since I've been with women too ... yes, if it was a mutual desire !

Doesn't that just mean you had a really good first date? I used to get sex on the first date about 1/2 the time. It always meant I wanted another date ?. Sometimes they developed into relationships, sometimes not. I just took it as a very successful date.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.