Agnostic.com

109 11

Would you date a woman that had sex on the first date?

Say you've been chatting with a woman for a bit, you have good conversations, similar world views, find her moderately attractive, etc. You decide to meet and go on a date. You end up sleeping together. Would you consider dating her with the possibility of it turning into a relationship?

• 188 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 5 votes
  • 30 votes
Marcie1974 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

109 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yup, why wouldn't I?

Surely you mean, turn into a 'long term relationship', the sex came after the 'relationship' started. The first definition of the word say's, the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected. Which started when they first hit it off, say on the phone, way before the sex. If we still felt the way we did before the sex, I would continue seeing her, but I don't even kiss on the first date, so it happen to me anyway.

I always took my cue from the woman, as I did not want them to feel pressured. Now, married, 75, it's all academic.

Does a rat have an ass?

Yes. I have had many relationships start where there was sex on the first date.

Yes of course

Well, in the hypothetical, it was (presumably) as much ny fault as hers, so it would be very unfair to hold that against her. But I would avoid the situation to begin with, try to take things slower!

"find her moderately attractive, etc"
There's something really wrong with that, but I can't play it.

Why waste time...go for it.

I wouldn't want to sleep with anyone on a first, second, third, etc. date, unless we were exclusive first, and I wouldn't date someone who would sleep with anyone on a first date. They are either desperate, or sleep around so much they could be std-ridden.
Eew.

I have, with far less buildup than the one described above. We went out, dug each other had a good time and at the end of a fun evening had sex. If we enjoyed it, we continued again next time.

Atheists. Gotta love’m.!!

While I wouldn’t judge someone who did that I am usually too reserved to have sex on a first date. I am an open progressive person but being that intimate on a first date is kinda alien to me. But there are exceptions to any rule I suppose.

Only had 4 relationships as such, 3 I had known for at least a year before dating, one of those I slept with on first date. The others were on the 2nd date. If the attraction is there.

I would do it. Obviously if it came to sex then I already had those feelings. To be honest though this has never happened to me. I have never had a one night stand or anything like that. But being who I am I tend to ve pretty open.

TBH that's what I'm hoping will happen.

It would be kind of silly to find a woman unworthy of a relationship because she had sex with me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with making a grown up decision about your preferences. I question if the fear that most feel is a religious hangover from a life we've now stepped away from. "Thou shalt not commit adultery" after all we supposedly got the world's first STD from a guy who couldn't keep it in his pants for a sheep. I've spent a portion of my life on the road as a musician and I had to make spot decisions concerning sex with strangers. My encounters have lead me to some meaningful connections and valuable insights into what makes people tick. No one has to bear the weight of your life but you. Keep making adult decisions and keep growing.

A, if we've been chatting, we have a relationship.
2. I vote YESSSS!
iii. Sex wouldn't negate the possibility of dating. I don't think sex would automatically lead to dating, however.
Quatro -- If a woman seemed to not want any physical relationship (I'm not sure how long of a trail period there would be) then the realtionship would change and I wouldn't consider it dating.

Sometimes everything is just right. How can that be wrong?

The pole question and the title of the post don't quite match.

Are you asking if I would have sex with a woman who has had sex on first dates?

Or, are you asking if I would have sex with a woman on a first date?

Probably both.

I, like others have posted, are a bit more leary of such behavior.

But, at my age such new memories are yearned for daily.

Yes, I don't see anything wrong on that, I mean I would think it happened because we were compatible, because I liked her enough to make me irresistible in her eyes.. I have had that kind of experience in my life..

When I think of all the women I dated and had to go through loads of hoops to get to the point of having sex and finding the sex lacking, I cringe. I'd rather start with having great sex and getting to know her better along the way.

SamL Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

Of course! We are not children.

This is a trick question, right?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44526
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.