Agnostic.com

32 11

Why There Are So Many Incompetent Male Leaders

1) The inability to distinguish between confidence and competence.

2) The love of charismatic individuals.

3) The inability to resist the allure of narcissistic individuals.

"If we want to improve the quality of our leaders and help more women get to leadership positions, the last thing we should do is not lower our standards when we select women. This means not asking women to behave more like incompetent men."

"It also means not ruling out men because they lack the traditional masculine features that match our flawed archetypes of leadership."

[ideas.ted.com]

An interesting short read by renowned business-organizational psychologist Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic.

VictoriaNotes 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Short takeaway: people are gullible.

Astute observations.

Perhaps most of our leaders are incompetent because a majority of voters are women?

Corruption does not appear to be the main factor where " leaders " are propped up for voters and honest leaders are censored and vilified for their lack of corruption ......controlling or invading 150 countries IS NOT KEEPING US SAFE as I am "thanked for my service" invading Vietnam in 1959...yes I was brainwashed to believe war heroes and football heroes were the lucky ones to be loved by women....even though I joined the Navy to stop the war from the inside like many other vets were doing, hippies still do not like my short hair then or now....Mayor Pete and Pocahontas seem to be selling their personalities while defending "vital national interests" which is code for Pentagon zionist profits

Maybe to much testosterone? We need to have more women leaders
But those women need to be careful to not imitate men.

As far as I am concerned, ALL humans are shitty leaders, without even bothering to notice whether they are male or female, if it were otherwise the world would not be full of regressive, war-like behavior that does nothing but destroy what could have been a much better world. Humans are well on the road to self-destruction, it is not a matter of if, it is only a matter of when.

I can only speak for myself, but it has to be the breast! I try to concentrate then breast just pop into my mind. I would write more but the breast are controlling my mind.

That being said,
The reason there are so many incompetent male leaders is that they are the majority of leaders. If the roles were reversed there would be just as many incompetent female leaders.

The solution here is that we have just as many female leaders so that they can stastically be just as incompetent as their male counterparts!

@VictoriaNotes Did you just give the best definition of politics possible?

"In an environment that prioritizes confident, narcissistic and charismatic behavior, rather than those with competence, humility and integrity."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448659
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.