Agnostic.com

20 1

What does the future hold?

I'm a optimist for the future. I can see humanity doing really great things and also some really terrible things as we stumble our way through time. Although many of the people that I talked to have a very pessimistic view on the next hundred years. I wonder what everyone here thinks?

• 0 votes
  • 6 votes
Bookforge 5 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Explosions, horror, screaming, and pie.

I am hoping th esecond choice, but I think the first choice is unfortunately more likely.

Hawkins said he give man another 100 years before it brings an end to being able to deal with climate change that then will end it as we know it! I hate to be so vindictive but society made me a gay man feel lower then a whales turd , so in a hundred years I don't give two shits, I know that's a horrible thing to say , but as far as the so called religious goes, the only thing ill be sorry for, is I won't be around to see their faces! When it happens!

Neither - just getting automated cars, hopefully high speed railway, increasing computer technology. Think of Farenheit 451 and interactive television screens.

Future events that typically mirror, in a general way, current events. Flying cars? That would be interesting, but given the automotive industry, it’s likely to be more of the same. The interest is not to eliminate highways, but to make money off industries that support automotive traffic.

The future is always unknowable, and I don't ever try to guess at things that are unknowable.

I'm optimistic about the future...Call it foolish but oh well if im wrong at least I won't have to hear "I told ya so"

Death .. For everyone sooner or later .

Probably going to destroy everything.

But, all i'm good for is writing songs about it, voting, and helping consolidate the guitars, tattoos, and alcohol into a consolidated location.

I'm trying to minimize the damage, i promise.

We Were Promised Jetpacks. Where are they?

The U.S. government will most likely collapse. There will be a short period of anarchy in which other nations will try to further tear it apart. The milita will join the fun and the world will burn when the nukes go off

It won't blow up. it will get over us humans without missing a beat.

Disease, famine, mass migrations of refugees.

@TiberiusGracchus exactly, and it hasn't really started yet.

Secret government whistle blowers have been saying since WW ll that the US government has had advanced alien technology, back-engineered from crashed craft.

It you watched the documentary "Unacknowledged" on Netlflix or YouTube, you'd have seen videos of presidents like Obama, Bill Clinton, world leaders, NSA officials, and astronauts strongly implying or outright saying the same thing, and that the government keeps everything classified to avoid having the share the technology.

Of course, the naysayers will soon appear, yelling "fake news"-no different than the alt-right who say the same about anything they haven't personally seen.

Flying cars are in their infancy and like regular cars they will be everywhere within the next few decades. As for life on other planets, we as a people need to grow and learn to work with each other rather than against one another. If everyone helped those in need, need will fade. We as a people will then grow rather than remain in entropy. We need to get our governments under control and our space agencies funded so that research will allow us to reach other planets.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

I love flaying cars.

I guess I'm a glass is half full kidda guy. Plus flying cars and luving on Mars, sign me up yes please!!!

Hell if I know. I'm still hoping for a really large asteroid strike.

Sorry, man, we are on a path of self-destruction.

Flaying cars? Interested.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46070
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.