Agnostic.com

14 2

Any really good April Fools jokes in your history?

Jesusluvsu 6 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Told and retold.

In the beginning God created the universe....

Around 2000 years ago, some dude promised to sacrifice himself to grant eternal life to his believers. Three days later he popped out of his friend's tomb shouting, "April Fools!"

JimG Level 8 Mar 30, 2018

No. And I intend to keep it that way.

I listed it in the other post. I rigged a sink hose to spray someone when they turned the water on.

@Hugh Lol.

we had an iconic one

you wouldnt believe how many of us English people believed it I remember seeing it as a child of 5 years old The BBC do a corker every year.

That's exactly the one I thought of when I read the title 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

Yes. One of them is a man who died today and will be resurrected on April's fool. I think they call it Easter or something like that.

I live in sheltred accommodation last year I made and distributed a poster about a rabbit that had gone missing whose Name was Tom Fullery I got the rabbit picture off the net and posted MISSING! at the top _ I was surprised at how many people thought it was real.

Sure. I've got one for you and it occurs on Easter Sunday which just happens to be April Fool's Day. Something about Jesus crawling out of the cave and flapping up into heaven. Hee hee.

MikeM Level 3 Mar 30, 2018

Many years ago I was a hospital wide courier and one unit clerk (we were old friends) used to pick on me telling me I never brought her any flowers, just paper work. So one april first I found some dead daffodills, stems only-the flowers had fallen off, and put them into a styrofoam cup. I walked up to her desk in the nurses station-it was full of nurses, doctors, and PAs- and plunked the cup in front of her and said "Here's your flowers". It brought the house down. We laughed about it for years.

I'm a high school math teacher. One year, after we had just finished doing all of the standardized tests for the year (which take about a week), I announced to mu classes that there was a mistake in the tests, and we had to do them all over again.

I had them going all day believing this.

Many years ago, I worked in trade marketing for a company that made a variety of luxury scented products including potpourri, candles, lotions, and soaps. I was busy in the lab putting together samples for a trade show and my arms were covered in hives (allergic to something in the potpourri).

One of my coworkers had set out samples of a new lotion fragrance for us to try. She didn't know what I was doing that day, different department.

So around lunchtime, I wandered into her cubicle, showed off my arms and said, "So, about that lotion..."

She FREAKED.

April Fool's Day.
In Haiti, the usual way to do "poisson d'avril" (April Fool's Day) is to "voyer" (send) people on fake errands.

One kid, Derelise, sent a friend almost all the way to Cap Haitian to see someone who supposedly wanted to see him. When the guy returned on his bike, smiling sheepishly, he admitted that he'd already sent his own cousin to another town on a fake pretext, so should have known better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.