Agnostic.com

19 13

LINK Mormon Church Formalizes Punishments for Trans Members

The Mormon Church has never been supportive of transgender identity, but now it has fully spelled out its anti-trans positions.

Having been raised in the Mormon church I have a special antithipy towards them.

snytiger6 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was also raised in the Moron church, and I, too, have a special antipathy towards them.

Not every Moron is a Mormon, but every Mormon is a Moron. 😀

Unbelievable

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 10, 2020

These are the folks who are following Joseph smith and his never seen Golden Tablets...the ones the angel Moron💡, brought to him, soon after his last release from jail, having been put there because of prior scams.

Of course the Mormon church tells (teaches) its members that Joseph Smith was constantly moving to new states due to "religious persecution" when in fact it was to escape arrest warrants. Before the Civil War, when the states were more autonomous and the Federal government was weak it was pretty easy to escape arrest just by crossing state lines.

@snytiger6 "Of course!"

@snytiger6 It is mind bogglingly stupid to but into the crap that is espoused as "Gospel" there.

Once I was told that: 'The christian army is the only army which buries it's wounded.'

These two headlines back to back basically says it all right.

The Mormons are in a roll this week. They have been caught in tax evasion and now formal bigotry! Next week they will be revealing how to make Steppard Wives!

Oh fuck the mormons, that is chistianty plus a little more stupidity.

Having grown up in the Mormon church, I'd sy it is Christianity, pus a hell of a lot more stupidity.

Not being raised in the Mormon church, a pile of shit by any other name still smells like shit!

Having grown up in the Mormon church, to stretch your analogy further, I'd say that if you grow up in an outhouse, you tend not notice the smell so much until you have spent a bit of time away from it.

@snytiger6 Amen!

Easy for adults to say, ‘sod them’, it’s the repercussions for the young people growing in in their ranks I worry about. I hope they find support to leave and become their true selves. I worry for those that don’t 🙁 what happened to thou shalt not judge?

The poor girls have to marry old perverts. It's a disgusting cult and like you said I feel for the children being raised in it. 😟

Would that not infringe peoples constitutional rights? You cannot punish people who are not breaking the law.

The constitution restricts government or public entities it doesn't apply to private groups people join "voluntarily."

So, does that mean their members gotta stop wearin tthat funny-lookin underwear of theirs?

In the old days a transformer could only mean a device for increasing or reducing electric voltages. Life was simpler then!

Total hypocrites.

Fucking magic pant hypocrites!!!

Religious right strikes again

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 21, 2020

It's funny (perverse) that they are called the religious right when they are also the religious wrong.

(Sorry, I could not resist that joke in very bad taste.)

@anglophone That's funny. I will probably steal that one.

Yet another way to polarize tribes. Many, non-mormons will see, yet again, another form of discrimination for the 'love they neighbor' christians [sic]. Some Mormons may experience a tipping point to leave. The reason rummy didn't get elected was because other sects don't trust mormons [sic]. This will also limit membership to the most radical. This is how religion becomes extreme and dangerous.

Of course they have trump and the obstructionist republican fascists backing their wholesale discrimination against any one they deem inferior on racial, sexual, and ethical terms!!!

Welcome to the religious police state fostered by the wealthy and their corporations who own and control both political parties which use family values and religious beliefs to control the proletariat wholesale with fear and damnation!,,

That handbook is nothing but pious bullshit from end to end, written by intolerant frightened fuckwits.

Ya gotta formalize your punishments or ya just got chaos when the trannies come a-sinning.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:461994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.