Agnostic.com

40 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump lending a hand to Pence.

Atheists should be embarrassed following politics and believing in that nonsense. This picture along with millions of instances of these people openly talking and giving credit to their imaginary friend, sky daddy.

Politicians never fix anything and don't know how anything works. They win a popularity contest by not giving concrete answers, and then are put in positions of power without proving they can produce results. Obviously they cannot.

I fail to see how people continuosly fall for this every few years.

SCal Level 7 Mar 1, 2020

@Omnedon he's saying were stupid because other people are stupid too. I think. Maybe.

Gaurantee he's one of those "I'll fix it by not voting" or "My wasted protest vote for the canidate who has no chance of winning and is nuts to boot will show them", though.

I mean, political theatre is as fake a jews and jesus. They only exist in the minds of the gullible.

@1of5 Keep on voting for those "leaders".

I'm not saying you're stupid, just gullible.

@Omnedon It only has an impact because most people follow blindly. Sound familiar?

@BryanLV what you say makes no sense what-so-ever, so whatever.

@1of5 If that was true, you would have no problem easily refuting and dicrediting my positions with factual information.

You have not done that. So at least I stated my positions clearly. Unlike any politician ever.

As you were.

@Omnedon So you believe the exodus happened and is a real, historical event? Based on what evidence?

People claiming to be jews are real. Just like people claiming to be crips, satanists and flat earthers.

Their claims are unprovable. But if you believe in gods chosen people, more power to you.

@Omnedon Look what up? Why didnt you look "it" up and post your point?

Look it up is not an argument, it's a cop out.

Humans claiming to be jewish are real. I do not accept the exodus, the fictional land of israel or or their metaphysical claims.

Perhaps you could provide evidence.

@BryanLV your opinion is not a fact.

That's a fact.

What you are is incoherent. Seriously, have your medication levels checked. You're getting to much or too little of something.

@Omnedon I don't deny that hunans who call themselves jewish are real.

But the claims of the jewish faith are asinine. Jewish is a religion, nothing more. Do you believe in the christusn people, or the buddhist people? Stop it.

Bye Felicia.

@Omnedon I was talking to the guy you've been liking back and forth with who insulted me.

Why point out my insult and not his? We both know why.

Jewish, Christian and Buddhist are all identical anatomically. Their religious claims do not make them a different subset of humam.

You are clearly conflating claims with anatomy. They are all just humans.

@BryanLV dude, you being incoherant is plain for all to see. It's not an attack, it's an observation.

You haven't provided any proof of anything. Just opinion.

My mom has Alzheimer's and can't give consent, so thanks for raping her.

@1of5 You're welcome.

@BryanLV seems you might have a problem with us Jews WE ARE VERY REAL

@bklynite53 Not at all. You're real humans. Everything else ia just a claim.

Hey, im a superhero, and im real.

@bklynite53 By the way, we're you jewish at birth? If someone rejects judaism, are they jewish anyway?

Is jewish a race? How? Are races even real? Can you provide evidence? Im always willing to learn.

@BryanLV yes I was born Jewish. I am a secular Jew. Culturally Jewish.
so are you black? were you born black? is black really a race?
I am willing to learn also

@BryanLV "Bye Felicia!" Giggle... Giggle...

@bklynite53 No i am not black. I am clearly brown. I was born brown but there is only one race scientifically and anatomically. The Human race, or homo sapiens.

Are there brown darker jews? Are there lighter, straight hair jews? Are there jews that could be considered either? Of course because jewish is a cultural claim. I admit there is a jewish culture, just not a jewish people. Because races are not real. We are all the same human animal with variations between us.

Oh noooooooo, is this his plan to address this health crisis?

In his defense, so far it’s working for me.

Pence is one weird idiot.

Knowing that Mike Pence is in charge made me actually go to Amazon and order two masks. What? Was Ben Carson (actual doctor at least) sleep during the meeting? And of course this comes on the heels of them proposing to cut funding from the CDC.

Mhm

I don't mind them pissing-away a few minutes praying, but it appears to be all they are doing.

Now bill gates, his world population objective and the timing of this outbreak sure looks more than suspicious at best!!!

Seems the obstructionist republican and their evangelistic base think they are immune!!!

LOL!!!

That is just embarrassing!

Apparently God was on the potty during this prayer!

Hokay religions and their silly supersitions.

These arrogant obstructionist republican fascist think they are immune from this pandemic!

This is probably the first time in their pathetic existence they are just as equal as you me!!!

Coronavirus does not discriminate against anyone!!!

Let face it they will use this they think to their advantage, one must think of the timing of all of this?

They will claim this is their god(s) way of culling out the bad evil ones and securing their place to hold dominion Over us and to lord over us all!!!

we should all be happy, a truckload of cures for the corona virus resulting from Pence's team prayers just arrived!

AS USUAL Patheos pisses me off.

WHY do otherwise rational people of a liberal mindset and egalitarian views nevertheless read Patheos?
Could it be it confirms their biases and makes them feel one of the "In" tribe?

I honestly do not know.

I am Atheist, Ignostic, I do not believe in any Gods and deeply respect the scientific method.

NOW, we all know Pence tempers all his ideas about science with his religious belief. We know he bungled Aids in the past as Gov.
THAT is bad enough on its own, we do not need to add frosting to a shit cake like that.
BUT that Patheos article does so in SPADES, to the point where it is false.

WHY?

YES, Pence held a prayer with the team created to combat Coronavirus. There is no reason to think, and no evidence to support the notion that either Pence or anyone on that team actually believes what the article claims
"That’s disturbing enough, but it’s even more troubling that she posted this photo of Pence “praying with the Caronavirus Team. . .It’s not a joke when people say these Republicans are trying to stop a virus with prayer. What else did anyone expect? Science? Reason? Something sensible? Of course not."

That second part is pure assertion without any supporting evidence, and they do not even spell the term correctly.

The truth is NUANCED. Has the entire fucking world forgotten nuance, that there are gray areas and everything is not fucking black or white?
Yes, they prayed for some kind of guidance is their pursuit of a cure, for strength to hold up under this threat, yada yada
Bunch of useless BS to me
BUT
to 80% of Americans that is not bunk, it calms their fears, no matter how stupid I find it.
AND
A very large part of dealing with epidemiological threats is to keep the population CALM, as panic can do more damage quicker than disease alone.

I hate Patheos because it takes what is bad on its face, inflates it beyond all reason and uses that to ratchet hate and anger. It increases tribalism, even at a moment when we all need to work together, to be on the same page, because virus does not discriminate.

Patheos is the Fox news of the left, and I do not see why reasonable people read that bunk at all, or spread it and believe it.

When the reality is already shit I do not desire someone to claim its virulent diarrhea.

In the absence of constuctive progressive dialogue the views espoused whilst debateable are as reasonable as any.

Might we ask how pathetic it really is and did they pray once or do they pray daily?

@FrayedBear Perhaps the views expressed have some validity, as it is to be expected to question if our methodology is correct always.
Not so with the tone of that rhetoric, it is devisive and combative begining to end and always seems to be so on Patheos.

I believe you are Agnostic not Ignostic.

@DenoPenno Does it matter?

@rogueflyer [en.m.wikipedia.org] ?

@FrayedBear My bad. Thanks for the link.

@rogueflyer TO ME
When I use the term Agnostic, its from the philosophic-literate position. One who claims to have no gnosis of any God, no special knowledge, lacking Gnosis.
So I am Agnostic
When I use the term Atheist it is also from the philosophic-literate position. One who claims no belief in any god(s), lacking Theism.
So I am also Atheist

Most precisely, I am Ignostic

I am an Ignostic

I was raised a believer
AS a believer I thought understanding God of the utmost import.
SO I studied that.
Which is why I am today an Igtheist/Ignostic

Ignosticism is an Epistomologic position; it is a set of ideas refuting the importance of determining the existence of God. It claims that knowledge regarding the reality of God is altogether unprofitable.

It is the idea that every theological position assumes too much about the concept of God and other theological concepts; including (but not limited to) concepts of faith, spirituality, heaven, hell, afterlife, damnation, salvation, sin and the soul.

Ignosticism or igtheism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless because the term god has no coherent and unambiguous definition.

IF you cannot even define what you are talking about, or consider it beyond human understanding, how is it you can claim to know anything about it and keep your intellectual integrity intact?

@Davesnothere Who would have thought nonbelief could be so complicated? I'm just a simple person of A Theist belief. A little more learned now. Thank you.

They will keep praying as it runs its course. It won't matter how many have died, or how much financial devastation it causes, once it starts ebbing, they will claim it is due to Jesus.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:465509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.